Making cordage from trees, would you say this is (badly) cheating?

Not sure where to put this, this isn’t a mod or suggestion.

As I understand it, IRL, you can make string from oak bark. I edited the recipe file a bit, and the best way I could represent this was by using branches to make plant fibers with. I’m not sure how strong or reliable bark cords are, but this would help the wilderness mostly playthrough I wanted to do, since the other natural materials for plant fiber aren’t all that abundant unless you’re by a swamp.

And I do try to balance it a little by requiring two branches instead of just one. And this does seem mostly fair, the other materials are much more efficient if I can find them, but even so, the guys making the game are better at balancing it, and so I can’t help but feel a little guilty.

What do you guys think?

[quote=“Gaelstrom, post:1, topic:13123”]Not sure where to put this, this isn’t a mod or suggestion.

As I understand it, IRL, you can make string from oak bark. I edited the recipe file a bit, and the best way I could represent this was by using branches to make plant fibers with. I’m not sure how strong or reliable bark cords are, but this would help the wilderness mostly playthrough I wanted to do, since the other natural materials for plant fiber aren’t all that abundant unless you’re by a swamp.

And I do try to balance it a little by requiring two branches instead of just one. And this does seem mostly fair, the other materials are much more efficient if I can find them, but even so, the guys making the game are better at balancing it, and so I can’t help but feel a little guilty.

What do you guys think?[/quote]
its actually pretty good, the only way i could think of balancing it is giving less plant fiber
Also: GIVE ME THE CODE FOR THIS OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR

i rember you can find dogbane in woods but i rember it as horrible inefficent for getting plant fiber.dont know if farming it yields better results…

It’s painfully slow.

The only time-efficient thing I’ve found for farming plant fiber is marijuana. Everything else is WAY WAY WAY too time consuming, and I don’t even turn the MJ into fiber, I just take what the dissambly of the plant itself drops.

[quote=“Gnorse, post:2, topic:13123”][quote=“Gaelstrom, post:1, topic:13123”]Not sure where to put this, this isn’t a mod or suggestion.

its actually pretty good, the only way i could think of balancing it is giving less plant fiber
Also: GIVE ME THE CODE FOR THIS OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR[/quote]

All I did was add 2 sticks to plant fiber’s needed materials.

[quote=“Gaelstrom, post:6, topic:13123”][quote=“Gnorse, post:2, topic:13123”][quote=“Gaelstrom, post:1, topic:13123”]Not sure where to put this, this isn’t a mod or suggestion.

Also: GIVE ME THE CODE FOR THIS OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR[/quote]

All I did was add 2 sticks to plant fiber’s needed materials.[/quote]
alright , cheers