Making a Wearable Multi tool

Hi, I plan on making a tool that is wearable and has multiple tools which I could activate individually. Is there anyway I could do that?

Thanks in advance.

Also, sorry for making a new topic, I didn’t know where to put this so forgive my ignorance.

Survivor tool belt kinda does that.

When you go to do something, or craft something it will automatically be used if appropriate.

By wearable multi-tool, I meant by tools like watches, thermometers, flashlights, etc.

I’ve been making some good process, but I’m having some difficulties. In the form of needing charge. How do I make it to where the tool doesn’t need any charges?

Thanks in advance!

Set the charge-related fields to zero, like with “manual” tools such as a hacksaw.
When in doubt, look how its done in similar items.

One thing: it is not possible to have different costs for different uses of the same tool. Technical limitation.

Thanks for the help! I’ve managed to actually make it without any outright errors at startup,
but when I activate it it says "Modded Tool’s batteries are dead"
Any Ideas?

Cheers!

Some specific tool uses are hardcoded to check for non-negative charges. It can’t be fixed from the json side, other than by giving them some charges and just making them not consume them.

Thanks a major Bunch Coolthulhu! Yet I’m having a problem (Yet again :/). This time I can’t activate the Geiger counter to see how many rads you have, and is only displaying the option for the game option. Thanks!

You may be overriding the actions somehow.
How does your item definition look like?

I tried to make a similar tool a while back and I learned that you can’t make if it uses two different (a)ctivations even if it has all the flags…

O.o oops. Making a multi-tool not using one… I’ll be stepping out now.

Well shit, I can’t seem to find a way to fix it, and it’s getting late. Here’s the code for it to see what I fucked up in:

[ { "max_charges": 0, "initial_charges": 100, "ammo":"NULL", "turns_per_charge": 0, "charges_per_use": 0, "revert_to": "null", "id": "pip_boy", "type": "TOOL_ARMOR", "category": "armor", "symbol": "]", "color": "dark gray", "name": "PAST", "name_plural": "PAST", "description": "The Personal Combat Assist Computer, or PAST for short; Was first devopled in 2035 as a mobile, versatile resilient, information & targeting computer for Military use for soldiers. It became standered equipment 2037.", "price": 10232077, "material": ["steel","leather"], "volume": 8, "encumbrance": 0, "basing": -1, "flags": ["WATER_FRIENDLY", "STURDY", "OVERSIZE", "THERMOMETER", "WATCH", "ALARMCLOCK", "GEIGER", "FANCY"], "covers": ["ARM_EITHER"], "coverage": 18, "material_thickness": 1, "weight": 182, "voulme": 2, "use_action": "PORTABLE_GAME" } ]

GEIGER isn’t a flag. It needs to be in use_action to work.
Like this:

Thanks a bunch, but it’s giving me an error DEBUG: Couldn’t find item action named PORTABLE_GAME. It still worked though.

Also, when I activated the Geiger counter option, it turned INTO a Geiger counter… When use “Continuous Scan On” Option.

Edit: Also, how would I make it have the ability to light up without making it transform it? Is that even possible?

[quote=“TheMightyHercules, post:14, topic:11601”]Thanks a bunch, but it’s giving me an error DEBUG: Couldn’t find item action named PORTABLE_GAME. It still worked though.

Also, when I activated the Geiger counter option, it turned INTO a Geiger counter… When use “Continuous Scan On” Option.

Edit: Also, how would I make it have the ability to light up without making it transform it? Is that even possible?[/quote]
Most use actions are hardcoded and can only use one at a time so choose wisely.

The error with PORTABLE_GAME is because the game can’t find the description of the action. In order to add it, you’d need to add this action to data/json/item_actions.json.

It is not possible to fix the geiger part from jsons alone.

Thanks! and oh well, I guess I could use the action that Radiation Biomonitor.