Lighter vehicle frames?

This has been a necessity of mine for a while. I need lighter frames for my vehicles.

Balance it with less damage absorption before it breaks, but I really need some light frames. My small vehicles don’t run very well on solid steel framing, I imagine aluminum pipe framing or just an aluminum frame would suffice.

+1, if only to add more interesting posts in the vehicle show and tell.

We already have wooden frames in the experimental.

Could push for plastic ones perhaps.

I’m waiting on a PR before I do anything, I think said PR had lightweight frames (For bikes) but if it doesn’t I’ll add them. Which it looks like it might be, I’ll check on it in a bit.

[quote=“Blaze, post:3, topic:4755”]We already have wooden frames in the experimental.

Could push for plastic ones perhaps.[/quote]

Sounds awesome, just imagine a motorcycle with an entirely wooden frame with plywood coverings.

I had started working on a PR to add light frames for bikes, but I caught a terrible cold and got too sick to work on it, so I gave up on it. I don’t see myself working on it again in the near future, so feel free to do your own PR for it. You’re welcome to use anything from my old PR if you think it I will help, you can probably find it in the closed section of the Github project.
One quick note; I was having problems rebalancing the power rating of the foot pedal engine to match the lighter bike weight. If I reduced the power enough to make the top speed reasonable, the bike lost a the ability to move in reverse.

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:6, topic:4755”]I had started working on a PR to add light frames for bikes, but I caught a terrible cold and got too sick to work on it, so I gave up on it. I don’t see myself working on it again in the near future, so feel free to do your own PR for it. You’re welcome to use anything from my old PR if you think it I will help, you can probably find it in the closed section of the Github project.
One quick note; I was having problems rebalancing the power rating of the foot pedal engine to match the lighter bike weight. If I reduced the power enough to make the top speed reasonable, the bike lost a the ability to move in reverse.[/quote]

I’ll handle it in a bit, as far as bike reverse speed I’ve noticed if something doesn’t have more than 9MPH of acceleration it doesn’t go in reverse well, I’ve had this problem with my larger vehicles and I just assumed it was because I was trying to drive a house and the game was going “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT?”

Not sure if I can fix that though. Shrugs I’ll see if I can do anything…

Double posting because Dongs- er- Extra light Frames and construction fix, among other things.