fancy
cocaine
makes
radio
vibrations
feel better than
shaving with
toastems?

I feel like you tried to do a ROY G BIV/ Name mnemonic or something, (but more of a sentance) but I don’t see it.

no vowels :frowning:

there was something going on there. I just don’t know what. Was it just a crack poem? I NEED to know this now. WHAT DOES IT MEAN!

To get lots of focus, get blood filter and leukocyte breeder. Having the gourmand trait would probably help as well.

Boost up your health with the breeder, then drink all the booze (except maybe boozeberry, sewer brew, and tainted tornado). For a brief moment, get a massive morale and focus boost, as well as two-digit boosts to your stats. Just use blood filter after every few shots and you won’t end up puking.

Not an efficient way to keep focus up at all, though, since you’ll need to keep drinking to keep the high of all highs, well, high.

[quote=“Azrad, post:25, topic:11981”]To get lots of focus, get blood filter and leukocyte breeder. Having the gourmand trait would probably help as well.

Boost up your health with the breeder, then drink all the booze (except maybe boozeberry, sewer brew, and tainted tornado). For a brief moment, get a massive morale and focus boost, as well as two-digit boosts to your stats. Just use blood filter after every few shots and you won’t end up puking.

Not an efficient way to keep focus up at all, though, since you’ll need to keep drinking to keep the high of all highs, well, high.[/quote]

I literally laughed out loud. That’s just silly… 3290!

Silly that we don’t have a ‘fullness’ stat or silly that consuming items takes zero time?

Just getting to 3290 when many people struggle breaking 100, but both of those as well!

[quote=“deoxy, post:26, topic:11981”][quote=“Azrad, post:25, topic:11981”]To get lots of focus, get blood filter and leukocyte breeder. Having the gourmand trait would probably help as well.

Not an efficient way to keep focus up at all, though, since you’ll need to keep drinking to keep the high of all highs, well, high.[/quote]

I literally laughed out loud. That’s just silly… 3290![/quote]

Are you running an old version or mods? Even for example music, if I use the mp3 player, I get +20, but a car stereo gets +30, overwriting the +20, not adding.

For focus, I keep 2 UPS modded MP3 players. One is typically charging in the “Zed Roller”, and I keep the other running. I barely worry about anything else. It works enough for me and is simple.

I feel like getting the ‘healthy’ bonus should give a morale increase.

I’m not even on much of a spawn increase, but skills train fine on their own.

The best book to get for melee training is actually the ‘dance dance dance’ so you can get the free dodge increase without needing to get into melee. Once you dodge get’s high enough you will dodge enough attacks to stand in melee and train that up.

I train rifles with the pneumatic bolt driver. Early on I typically use a .22 caliber anything rifle if my mechanics isn’t enough to make it.

I use archery a lot because it’s quiet, once I’ve thinned things out I train other weapons.

[quote=“pingpong, post:29, topic:11981”][quote=“deoxy, post:26, topic:11981”][quote=“Azrad, post:25, topic:11981”]To get lots of focus, get blood filter and leukocyte breeder. Having the gourmand trait would probably help as well.

I literally laughed out loud. That’s just silly… 3290![/quote]

Are you running an old version or mods? Even for example music, if I use the mp3 player, I get +20, but a car stereo gets +30, overwriting the +20, not adding.[/quote]

That’s from a version about 7 months ago, so morale mechanics have changed since then.

Currently my throwing, archery, rifle and marksmanship skills are all above 10, with throwing the highest at 15.

My training methods:

Throwing - Throw a bunch of stone javelins against the wall a few thousand times. Don’t use an atlatl. Hand-throwing is more accurate, quiet and doesn’t risk destroying the javelin.

Archery - Slingshot and a mountain of pebbles. About three to four thousand should be enough if you manage your focus well. I trained using an out-of-ammo milspec turret as a target. Having a well-armoured immobile creature as a target means less strain on your fingers since you don’t have to manually pick a target.

Rifle - Like above, only with a pneumatic assault rifle. On full auto, which grinds up your skill even faster than semi-auto.

Marksmanship - Comes about naturally as you practice archery and rifle skills.

Can you train skills above 20?

I don’t think there is any hard cap on skills or stats.

as long as you can find enought hard task you can keep leveling up but except first aid and combat skills i do not think that there is reason to go over 15 skill level

5 is considered basic competent trained individual.

So 5 first aid is an EMTb
5 rifles is a soldier with decent marksmenship
5 mechanics is, well not your typical car garage mech, but likely a specialty shop guy

15 is incredibly high

you need only 10 lvl for most skills to unlock everything except mechanics where at 15 it allows to install infinite engines

first aid increase effect of healing items, and im not sure about survival

and driving i think is waste of focus to go beyond 5

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:37, topic:11981”]you need only 10 lvl for most skills to unlock everything except mechanics where at 15 it allows to install infinite engines

first aid increase effect of healing items, and im not sure about survival

and driving i think is waste of focus to go beyond 5[/quote]

Electronics has some stuff at 12, unless it’s changed recently.

Also, just 5s in First Aid, Mechanics, and Electronics will not be very useful for installing high-end CBMs. Heck, 10s in all of them isn’t really enough for some of them…

JUST DO IT!

…and don’t die. That’s about it.

I train melee and dodge by using a knife spear, attacking all regular ants and keeping my encumbrance as low as possible, i barely get hit and can dish out at least 3-5 hits, then working my way up to soldier ants, once they become easy, i start clearing buildings and streets in cities. as for ranged i usually use bows, on as many wildlife as i can.