Lagging on Windows 10

I never thought it possible, but Cataclysm, of all games, has some performance issues.

I’m running Win 10 on my Lenovo V310 15-ISK, which so far has handled my gaming needs with no issues whatsoever (granted, I didn’t quite test it with any AAA game, but definitely some that would intuitively be more challenging to run than cata). However, when playing CDDA, its performances have been sub-par to say the least. I run the latest experimental (use the launcher to update before every game session), virtually nothing in the way of mods. Also worth noting is that my CPU usage never goes above 20%.

Does anyone know why this happens or what I can do about it? Thanks in advance.

It’s probably rendering, it is the most common bottleneck.

Try the following:

[ul][li]If you’re playing the curses version, get the tiles version, even if you are playing without tiles (just turn tiles off). The windows curses version is slower and buggier.[/li]
[li]Turn on software rendering[/li]
[li]Turn off software rendering[/li]
[li]Turn off fullscreen[/li][/ul]

There is a benchmark option in debug menu. You’ll probably need to bind debug menu in keybinding options first.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:14393”]It’s probably rendering, it is the most common bottleneck.

Try the following:

[ul][li]If you’re playing the curses version, get the tiles version, even if you are playing without tiles (just turn tiles off). The windows curses version is slower and buggier.[/li]
[li]Turn on software rendering[/li]
[li]Turn off software rendering[/li]
[li]Turn off fullscreen[/li][/ul]

There is a benchmark option in debug menu. You’ll probably need to bind debug menu in keybinding options first.[/quote]

Was already running the tiles version in windowed mode. Playing around with software rendering didn’t seem to make a difference.
After benchmarking, I got a message saying ‘Drew 35 times in 5.108 seconds. (6.852 fps on average)’

The renderer is pretty simple (for each frame, draw all tiles seen on screen), a larger game screen or zoomed out screen will run slower than zoomed in/small screen.