Jumper cables stopped working or battery charge display bug?

So I have food vandor cart hooked up to my advanced solar car with jumper cable and after sleeping the night the cart said that it’s battery charge was 0%. Cart did still have cold cola in it so not sure if the jumper stopped working and battery drained empty or the battery charge level was displaying incorrectly. Saved and loaded game and cart’s battery charge is back up to 100%.

I think it’s possible that batteries don’t charge over jumper cable and the jumper cable just allows charge to be drawn through it.

Your food vendor cart had an empty battery. The minifridge tried to get electricity. It went to all the batteries in the cart asking for charge and they all said no. Then it went to the jumper cable and asked the solar car. The car went to all its batteries and found charge to give to the vendor cart. The vendor cart battery, however, doesn’t ask for charge, so it never gets it.

I don’t know what would happen if the batteries on the car are at 100% and the solar panels make charge though.

I think that’s how it works. I think you’re right, though, that batteries should equalize when attached to each other.

I went and tested this a bit and it seems that my flood light that I installe don the food vendor cart drains more charge than jumper cable can handle so thats why the battery was empy. This however, does not explain why won’t the cart’s battery start recharging after the cart turns everything off.

Perhaps this is something like the farming where you don’t need to be close but you need to refresh the reality bubble for crops to grow if you are near?

Jumper cable will only transfer charge if it is actively drained or produced on the other end. It can’t be used to recharge batteries from other batteries, only from solar panels, alternators, reactors and plasma engines.

Now that batteries no longer need welding/tape, jumper cables aren’t very useful.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:9002”]Jumper cable will only transfer charge if it is actively drained or produced on the other end. It can’t be used to recharge batteries from other batteries, only from solar panels, alternators, reactors and plasma engines.

Now that batteries no longer need welding/tape, jumper cables aren’t very useful.[/quote]

Except for their designed purpose, or for folks who don’t like to swap batteries. :wink: