[ITEMS] Guns An' Shit - yeah, now we're cookin' with gas

[quote=“BadSniper, post:19, topic:291”]The Remington is the 6-shooter shotgun. The Mossberg is the 8-shot. The Saiga is 10-shots with the all-in-one reload.

With the 1887, I’m aware that the original doesn’t use black powder, and I’m aware that the 1901 only used 10-gauge. HOWEVER, this is a game. Much like the inventory system is, this can be abstracted.

By the way, the Jackhammer never made it to full production. Its Wikipedia writeup states that there are possibly only 2 working fully-automatic prototypes existing in the world.[/quote]
Hence the bit about gun counterfeiters in the CAWS description. We’ve already got dudes making guns using 3D printers and the like (albeit simply out of plastics that can’t handle the stresses of bullet discharges for many rounds, but I digress) so imagine how advanced that shit’s going to be by 2050. And again, as noted it’s not just about whether the the 1901 can handle 12-gauge, but the fact that it’s just too similar to stuff already in the game.

to be honest, I think any 1887s would have rusted and rotted away long ago unless antiques stores or military arms museums stocked one.

Anyway, the pancor and striker? Fuck yes, all of my wants. Could only get better by adding in helicopters.

ROCKET FUCKING LAUNCHERS.

WHY HAS NOBODY DONE THIS YET?

GET TO IT MAN!

Already got grenade launchers, seems rocket launchers would be pretty simple.

I’d love to be able to kill zombies behind me with the back blast :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys, is there more guns for Windows 0.3, or it’s only for Linux?

[quote=“Vorpal2, post:24, topic:291”]Already got grenade launchers, seems rocket launchers would be pretty simple.

I’d love to be able to kill zombies behind me with the back blast :p[/quote]
If you don’t mind not having the backblast, the Flamethrower’s effect is practically indistinguishable from a rocket launcher: it creates a 3x3 fire centered at the target point. Cloning the item & changing the effect would allow whatever rocket one wants.

Backblast will be a thing Soon[sup]TM[/sup]. Adding various rocket based weapons at the moment.

Though you might want to avoid firing your rocket launcher indoors… The back-blast would kill you.

Request: MP5SD. It’s the H&K MP5 with an integrated suppressor, so should be noticeably quieter, less muzzle flash if that’s a Thing, and do somewhat less damage. SWAT/military exclusive, unless gun laws went C+ at some point prior to the Cata.

The firearms-related jargon flies over your head!

Now, I can’t be sure if this is a good idea but I think we could do with having more civilian calibers around.

.32 ACP (Walther PP or PPK and some CZ variants. Also for the Skorpion vz. 61 if you want a tiny SMG/machine pistol.)
.410 bore and .45 Colt (Derringers! The single shot Contender! Freakin’ cowboy revolvers! Rifles/Shotguns! Very versatile in both range and application.)

And possibly, maybe, unless it starts screwing with people’s heads (WHAT WHY WON’T MY .22 GUN TAKE THIS AMMO FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-)… the .22 WMR round.
(More bite and penetration than .22 LR. Used in Savage rifles, Ruger revolvers… but most important of all, the 30 round KelTec PMR-30 pistol. Oooo!)

For my part, this would be a fairly-lightweight (suitable for commando-types) rapid-fire weapon that is fairly quiet and shouldn’t throw as much light around as a non-suppressed* gun.

*Suppressor: the technical term for that gimmick on a gun barrel that reduces noise and flash when you shoot.

SWAT is the USian term for well-armed/armored teams used for going into dangerous situations; the stuff about C+ is a reference to Liberal Crime Squad. http://lcs.wikidot.com/

I would love to see a Skorpion, but it IS new england. Not many of them over here…