I'm looking for PE050 Preliminary Report Book

I’ve looked almost EVERYWHERE. Labs only spawn my Chimera and Medical mutation books. I found raptor while travelling, but the rest are completely unknown.

I usually find it in the mutagen/chemical rooms, if that helps.

Parasite Eve Fifty? Wasn’t that the anti-mutant shooter game, came out in 2039, got banned from Wal-Mart because sommeone thought they saw tentacles? What sort of preliminary report would there be, a marketing survey? And what are you doing looking for such a report, citizen?

Item id “recipe_alpha”, yeah, I know, I wrote it. It’s an extremely rare spawn in lab chemical workrooms and lab dorms. Keep looking.

[sub][sup][size=8pt][sub]I disabled NPCs…[/sub][/size][/sup][/sub]

How many labs have you been through? what is your item spawn rate?

Item spawn rate is 1. I’ve been through about 6 labs, actually. Searching them is quite the Pain 87. You’d think that by travelling north until it takes 3 minutes to scroll the map back to spawn would indicate I’ve had some success, but really all I’ve found was the Raptor book, which I’ve never found before. I’ll need to dig through more labs, I guess. My game version is Experimental 1864.

Yeah, it took me a while to find, too. Eventually opened a lab and found one on the ground floor. They’re out there, they’re just really rare.

Quite sure I found mine on some military corpses a bit outside of town. Shame my strength isn’t the best so that I could use it. Using Experimental 1888 since my character has lasted quite long.

now I’m looking for it, and yeah it is a lot rarer than it was in 0.A. tried seeing if I could just get to the alpha threshold with regular mutagen but gave up after going through about 50 mutagen(and 6 balacavas thanks to beak mutation). on the other hand I have been keeping track of the rare 1% item finds I’m getting so I know that they are spawning and presumably have an equal chance to spawn as alpha.

The only one I’ve never found is Elf-A.

Lucky bastard, I’m yet to find that one.

a) How the hell did Nathan_ get Beak with Alpha mutagen???

b) Elf-a isn’t advertised as such, because it wasn’t stable when Dr. Maiar rammed it into human trials (granted, this was after they discovered the blob in the groundwater–probably in sewage processing plants too). Results left the ward unusable and killed off the other half of the subjects.

So it’s around–but you’d need to look beneath the surface to find it.

NOBODY DROPS MAIAR INTO LAVA

regular mutagen. I was trying to see if I could get alpha traits and get the threshold that way by just throwing wave after wave of mutagen/purifier at the RNG. I did manage to get traits like wool allergy and animal discord from mutation though so it might be a bit too permissive. also managed to get a trait I started with canceled out.

regular mutagen. I was trying to see if I could get alpha traits and get the threshold that way by just throwing wave after wave of mutagen/purifier at the RNG. I did manage to get traits like wool allergy and animal discord from mutation though so it might be a bit too permissive. also managed to get a trait I started with canceled out.[/quote]

Starting traits aren’t permanent, but Purifier will try to give them back to you. I’m not sure either of those should necessarily be considered non-mutable. Gonna call Working As Intended.