Ignoring personal hygiene has negative effect?

I would expect not 'U’sing a bar of soap semi-regularly or not 'U’sing scissors to trim a beard or head of hair, might incur some kind of negative feelings?

to quote one of my favorite childhood movies, " it’s remarkable how you can do without the necessities of life provided you have the little luxuries."

It seems like attention to these little details would provide another layer of realism.

It’s been stated before somewhere that suffering penalties for a lack of hygiene would just be inconvenient. It’s another layer of unnecessary micromanagement to have to keep track of. Gaining boons for staying clean is a better idea.
I wouldn’t mind growing a ragged beard and long hair due to not trimming it, but character appearance isn’t really in the game at all right now.

[quote=“Synthetic, post:2, topic:9025”]…
I wouldn’t mind growing a ragged beard and long hair due to not trimming it, but character appearance isn’t really in the game at all right now.[/quote]

If I remember right there is a system for paperdoll tiling for tileset artist that is just not used widely yet. So growing a beard might be possible to put in and depict right now.

But a bit off topic.

*Edit: My post was off topic, not yours.