Ideas for new cars

Now im just gonna say it outright
I have absolutly no coding experience what so ever
In game however i could make mock ups of any design/idea and itd be fun to see them implemented

Garbage Truck:
2 person cab
V8 Engine
Sealed steel plated box for garbage that you need to cut into to access
Would spawn at a public works or a dump
Great start to a “Dead Reckoning” style vehicle

Military Humvee
4-5 person interior
V8 engine
Steel plateing
Mounted m249 up top
Could spawn outside military bunkers or military bases rarely near dead soldiers
it would be a gas guzzling loud mouth of a vehicle

Camping RV
Large spacious interior
V6 engine maybe
has a kitchen, bed room and bathroom inside with a water tank in the rear
Could spawn at gas stations in or out of town
Would be a perfect nomadic survior vehicle

Segway
simply a seat and some bicycle wheels
small electric engine no solar panel
A silent and compical way to travel
Could spawn outside houses or in parks

SUV
V8 Engine
4 passenger interior
wide wheels and steel plated bumper
another gas guzzler
Rarer than normal cars but can be found in the same areas

Hydrogen powered car
Hydrogen engine
2 passenger interior
Small car owned by a more eco conservative person
Same spawn rate as the electric car

So yeah theres a few ideas
Lemme know what you think guys
ive been a lurker for awhile and i decided to take the plunge and make an account

Also i typed this on my tablet because im on vacation so i wont be able to make any prototypes until tuesday or wensday

Love these ideas, i totally vote these for being implemented.

Anyways, i have my ideas too:

Tanqueta: (in spanish because i don’t know how it is its name in english)
lots of space inside, lots of seats, steel plated board

Well, i have some more, im gonna edit when i can actually imagine them in Cata

We do have a segway and an RV

I also dislike the ideas because of the engines- V8 and V6 for common cars?

Well im not that knowledgeable on cars, what would you suggest?

And ive never found an RV or a segway so if they do exist i had no idea. I just thought theyd be interesting to see

Well, V8 is the most powerful engine in the game. There are other types of engines put on cars, flatbeds, even RVs.

The segway and RV can be found in the debug menu. RVs also spawn fairly commonly on the street.

Haven’t seen them for now.

Well taking the rv and the segway out for now and finding which engines would work and wot wot, what cars would you like to see kilo? Im gonna try to build them all on one map and link it so people can criteque and test them

[quote=“kilozombie, post:7, topic:2893”]Well, V8 is the most powerful engine in the game. There are other types of engines put on cars, flatbeds, even RVs.

The segway and RV can be found in the debug menu. RVs also spawn fairly commonly on the street.[/quote]

Large Electric is marginally better than V8, in terms of output. I think. V6 is fairly commonplace and spawns in Flatbeds, etc.

Ah, true. I think the LEG is a little less powerful but near-silent.

Still no tractors? ::sigh::

we’ve already got an RV, but the humvee looks good :slight_smile:

What about a snowplow?

Problem is that the game can’t make the difference between power and speed. You cannot have a powerful-but-slow vehicle. So a tractor would either have tiny engine, or be crazy fast.

How about a school bus full of zombie children.

that’s a cool idea actually.

BTW, does the cannibal trait prevent you from feeling guilty for killing kids?

Ice cream van.
A medium van with refrigerated storage that draws battery power. So long as the storage battery is charged, food stored in the van will take significantly longer to go rotten.

Armoured truck.
Usually found in the vicinity of a bank, these large vans have a well-secured freight section which will require skilled lockpick use or smashing with heavy tools to access (or you can simply remove the doors once you find a welder). There’s nothing but worthless money bundles inside, but the whole van is decked out in hard plating, making it a very tough vehicle even without modification.

Forklift Truck
Usually found at Public Works. Small, agile, noisy, not very fast. You can use the “move furniture” construction option to place a crate or other furniture item on the front forks, and the forklift will then carry that item when driving.

Police Car
Usually found near police stations. A standard car but with slightly better plating and engine. Will often contain a small variety of police-related equipment - shotgun, expanding baton, riot helmet, etc. Has a siren and flashing lights which can be activated via vehicle controls, which will draw in zombies from a wide area - great as a distraction or to draw them into a killing zone. May also summon eyebots/copbots?

Ambulance
Usually found outside hospitals, occasionally near doctor’s office. A fairly standard van, but with a small stock of medical items - drugs, first aid and bandages. Has a similar siren-and-lights system to the police car. Also usually carries a gurney. A gurney is a bulky inventory item which can be Activated and deployed on an adjacent square. It then becomes a dragable item like the carts added in the recent updates, capable of carrying a fair volume of items.

Fire Engine
I don’t think there are currently fire stations in the game, so for now these would be found rarely in city streets. A large, long truck, most of its storage is given over to water tanks, which will typically contain a large quantity of water for survivors to salvage. Also a good source of fire extinguishers, gas masks, and of course rubber hoses. Its main sprinkler hoses can be taken - they’re bulky to carry, but can be used in place of 30’ ropes when descending broken stairs. In later game iterations, the ladder could be used to access high windows or rooftops.

Riot Truck
A rare find at police stations and military outposts, this armoured van has almost as much water storage as the fire engine. It uses it to fuel the mounted water cannon, a turret weapon which does low damage but stuns and knocks enemies back several squares at a time.

How about “LMOE Van”? Water tank, solar-powered, heavy armored. Rarely found near the LMOE shelters.

[quote=“therealskitz0, post:1, topic:2893”][u]Now im just gonna say it outright
I have absolutly no coding experience what so ever
In game however i could make mock ups of any design/idea and itd be fun to see them implemented

Garbage Truck:
2 person cab
V8 Engine
Sealed steel plated box for garbage that you need to cut into to access
Would spawn at a public works or a dump
Great start to a “Dead Reckoning” style vehicle

Military Humvee
4-5 person interior
V8 engine
Steel plateing
Mounted m249 up top
Could spawn outside military bunkers or military bases rarely near dead soldiers
it would be a gas guzzling loud mouth of a vehicle

Camping RV
Large spacious interior
V6 engine maybe
has a kitchen, bed room and bathroom inside with a water tank in the rear
Could spawn at gas stations in or out of town
Would be a perfect nomadic survior vehicle

Segway
simply a seat and some bicycle wheels
small electric engine no [URL=http://www.shinesolar.net]peimar solar[/URL]
A silent and compical way to travel
Could spawn outside houses or in parks

SUV
V8 Engine
4 passenger interior
wide wheels and steel plated bumper
another gas guzzler
Rarer than normal cars but can be found in the same areas

Hydrogen powered car
Hydrogen engine
2 passenger interior
Small car owned by a more eco conservative person
Same spawn rate as the electric car

So yeah theres a few ideas
Lemme know what you think guys[/u]
ive been a lurker for awhile and i decided to take the plunge and make an account[/quote]
Looks like very impressive idea…Were you able to build such a car? Can you provide some more information.

Someone made a segway on GitHub. You could drop those ideas there, too.