Hygiene

Well I still always have a foon on me >:0

Is it any different from a spork?

Is it any different from a spork?[/quote]

Yes, it’s far superior.

Nonsense! Real men use sporks!

Do not try to name the fapoon, that would be impossible…

I do like the necessity of utensils to prevent food poisoning (from dirty hands) and the assumption that the PC is perpetually clean is silly when you do not have access to water or soap.

Other than this, it might just be tedious

The main cases where handwashing is needed are when you have an infectious disease, fecal sanitation and food handling. The first is irrelevant, and outside of extreme cases, all you need to worry about with the other two is keeping your hands clean when handling food. just being ‘dirty’ isn’t going to make you any more likely to get an infection.
On the other hand it’s critical to keep wounds clean, this is something I plan on adressing when we have wounds to keep clean.

Sorry for the necro, but I rather enjoyed this thread.

Two aspects I particularly liked from this:

• Hygiene should be tied to health. Health should be tied to the immune system in general and “mundane” illnesses should be much more common. Wound cleaning should be much more important than “zombie” bite, but instead everytime you hit yellow, opportunistic infections should be to have a chance to overcome your character and end your playthrough in a terribly anticlimatic fashion.

• There should be a Negative Trait called “neurotic” where Unclean is in fact a morale debuff.

Only if they get turned down from the “cold is asthmaculosis” rate, for example, instead of COUGH ALL THE WAY sleep merely restoring less exhaustion. Or either of them heating you → requiring more food temporarily.