How do I mod the game?

–What is ‘CHIP’ resist? Is it like explosions or something? If not, would explosions have to do with bashing, fire, cutting, or something like that?
–in terms of monster loot stuff, from what I understand it is possible to effectively connect two (or more) different ones together, right? Sort of like nesting one into another? From observation that seems to be a thing. I figured out easily enough how to directly add stuff to a drop list, I just want verification mostly.
–How exactly does the different things work in terms of monster attacks and such? More specifically, things like melee dice, melee dice sides, melee skill. I have a good guess, so this is also a bit more of verification.
–Here’s my thought of what each one does: Melee dice is how many ‘dice’ are rolled at a time. Melee dice sides shows how high damage can be rolled (50 sides means it can do a max of 50 base damage. So not including other modifiers.). Armor bash/cut (I think that is what it is called) is how much it ignores armor of that type (10 armor bash ignores 10 bashing protection on armor). Melee skill and dodge work similar to what the player has in terms of skills. Is that all correct? Some things are hard to accurately test in-game, so I largely need to guesstimate with this.