How do I install car bits that I can't lift?

So I’ve got a truck, I’ve got some new engines and steel plating I want to put in it, but I am not strong enough to get this stuff off the ground.

I tried parking next to the part and that doesn’t work either.

Is there a solution? or is my character doomed to the fate of inferior vehicular choice for life?

Oh… never mind, nearby parts can be installed… I simply hadn’t retrieved my welder from the trunk

:embarrassed:

It also works when you’re trying to accomplish something from the tree accessible with “&” and with “*”.

You can move too-heavy-to-lift objects with the ‘/’ menu, if they’re in a place where you can’t get your vehicle to them.

I can’t seem to be able to push refrigerators through open doors.

You cant push any furniture through open doors, because the furniture is too wide.
(also it creates a floor bug in which the tile it is pushed onto is automatically floor, so you can theoretically place floor all over your yard if you could get a fridge out there.)

Pushing frniture through doors was fixed as of 0.7.x, so that’s another reason to upgrade :slight_smile:

I’m sorry if this is an old thread but I’ve got a similar problem. I just found this neat large electric motor and I plan on installing it on my car (it already has a normal gas engine), since it was too large to move, I tried parking close enough so that the vehicle interface detects it (it appears on green letter when I try to install it, so I guess it does), however, when I click on it, nothing happens. I got all the necessary tools and the equipment, but nothing happens when I choose to install it.

Also, how can I move stuff with the / interface? It says ‘‘It’s too heavy!’’ just like if I tried to move it normally!

Re engine: you need 12 or so Mechanics to install a second engine in the vehicle. If you’ve got the rest of the infrastructure for an electric car (storage battery, solar panels/minireactor & plutonium cells/helluva lot of personal batteries), the Large Electric Motor is more powerful and quieter than most gasoline engines, IIRC.

(Besides, gasoline pumps run dry. Solar power keeps coming…eventually.)

[quote=“Rexels, post:8, topic:2399”]I’m sorry if this is an old thread but I’ve got a similar problem. I just found this neat large electric motor and I plan on installing it on my car (it already has a normal gas engine), since it was too large to move, I tried parking close enough so that the vehicle interface detects it (it appears on green letter when I try to install it, so I guess it does), however, when I click on it, nothing happens. I got all the necessary tools and the equipment, but nothing happens when I choose to install it.

Also, how can I move stuff with the / interface? It says ‘‘It’s too heavy!’’ just like if I tried to move it normally![/quote]
You can move objects directly from one square to another, and then (at least for me) weight is never taken into consideration. This way you can (with a little patience) move parts into a place where they are reachable for crafting.