How did you last die?

While doing speed tests, I hit a squirrel while going 1500 mph. That reduced all my frames to 0 hp. Then I skidded for a few map tiles and hit a wolf. My car EXPLODED. There I am, sitting in a pile of scrap, watching the shattered remains of the vehicle shoot off at an angle and plow through the forest beside the road.[/quote]

i keep wondering this, but you don’t do a let’s play series with MMR do you? i’d almost certainly watch.

Finally discovered what the petrified eye was for, braved the perills of the place, I got to the end.
found two artifacts:
the first one was a cube: wielding it lowered my stats, but having it on my inventory displayed this “Your skin feels slithery.” which, according to the wiki summons friendly shadows snakes when you take 6 or more damage.
activating it caused a flashband effect, then it healed my limbs (a bit) and caused minor pain to recharge.

the other one was a staff. wielding it reduced my speed by 20, but raided my str by 4.
but activating it caused a fire storm around me… it also teleported me into solid rock.
note to self: artifacts can teleport you, don’t use them underground.

[quote=“DemAvalon, post:2442, topic:339”]Finally discovered what the petrified eye was for, braved the perills of the place, I got to the end.
found two artifacts:
the first one was a cube: wielding it lowered my stats, but having it on my inventory displayed this “Your skin feels slithery.” which, according to the wiki summons friendly shadows snakes when you take 6 or more damage.
activating it caused a flashband effect, then it healed my limbs (a bit) and caused minor pain to recharge.

the other one was a staff. wielding it reduced my speed by 20, but raided my str by 4.
but activating it caused a fire storm around me… it also teleported me into solid rock.
note to self: artifacts can teleport you, don’t use them underground.[/quote]

nice find, artifacts are very !FUN!.

eventually crazy russian’s mobile meth lab was overcome by zombies and my driving, i’d just found the location of the nearest hazardous waste sarcophagus too.

i apparently must have turned on the zombies based on sound thing because i could never clear a place entirely it seemed, i killed so many things, it’s a shame i eventually died to zombies chasing my truck.

Nah, I don’t. That sounds like something to add if I ever start a Youtube channel. Tagline: Join me in my power trip across the post-apocalyptic countryside, searching for rare loot and a good fight! We are the Mycus!

Wait a few years. I’m an adult but I still live with my parents. I just started a career as an electrician, and when I make more I’ll move to an apartment. Then I’ll have privacy to record.

spun right, background interuptions could be part of the fun. But it would be VERY difficult to pull off I think.

Dr Hylke Van der Schaaf (Random gen names, never stop being amusing) applied a jackhammer to a bunker door.

Turret behind said ‘sup’ and I was dead. Note to self: Apply flaming truck next time.

(7, 9, 1, 3) or (y,u,n,m) are your friends! When in doubt diagonals. When digging through wall your not positive is safe, or opening door, open new chamber with diagonal toward nearest wall, preferably next to wall. Use diagonal peeks. When running from anything that stumbles, diagonals prevent stumble running, and can make it counterproductive for the stumbling dead, and more likely they will get in each others way, instead of stumbling around the blocking front runner. when unsure whats on the other side of a corner:

[ul][li]stand 2 tiles from corner [/li]
[li]peak to the corner (8,4,6,2) [/li]
[li]then step there[/li]
[li]then diagonally peek around the corner[/li][/ul]

when building a security entrance, why not diagonal?!!? easilly get 2x the choke point by placing 2 more walls.
when thinking of a scouting direction while on foot, Why not diagonal? Get a row and a column of new vision every step instead of only one!
When in the dark basement and searching for items, why not search diagonal? again twice the new ground covered per step!
When driving broadcast vehicle why not make it more breezy and drive it diag…

excerpt from final broadcast of a survivor broadcast RV.
notation from successor broadcaster: Don’t sit still in a diagonal vehicle without proper layering.

So I had been using a fire station to store my junk (early game not exactly a base yet…) and was super excited when I found a good condition electric car to park in it… and then strip for parts to build a loot-mobile with all the comforts and safety of non-smashable metal doors. Drove most of the way back no problems. Then when I reached the final intersection, I found a hoard moving in the direction of the fire house. I swerved around the corner in front of the hoard and started speeding to safety… until another large group suddenly came out of a building near a wreck…

Blood, guts and chunks of meat went flying as they took with them chunks of metal in an epic confrontation of (former) man versus machine… when the bloater gas had settled, half the group was gone and the electric car was speeding away with the hoard not far behind.

Then I started getting these notifications saying “The electric car is too heavy for its engines!” I couldn’t figure out why as it only had a wheelbarrow’s worth of stuff in it so after a few turns, I finally inspected the car… I no longer had an engine, or the majority of the car’s pieces for that matter. I still had the wheels and controls though and was able to coast through a few Z’s and right up to the fire station, ran in the single door (garage were closed) and started the door closing winch. Stray zombies came, enough to last until the hoard arrived but, no mater, I had already crushed a Z by closing this particular door. Spamming commands to keep operating the winch, I was so close to safety until I was met with the statement “The door could not be closed.”

I was like on the 23th day and rammed a tank drone, i succeded then i forgot i was driving and i rammed into a bank…

alarm sounds eyebot and friends pop in electric motor is shredded then i got stunlocked to death by a shocker and a police bot, the worst of all is that i forgot to pull out my trusty cyber claws, that was the most shamefull death i had.

With my brand spanking new set of heavy survivor gear and a shiny new zweihander and a cart with a bunch of guns ammo and food i set out at night to go to the survivor center for an npc. I made it there in the dark without issue by skirting along the edge of town to avoid the large amount of shocker zombies.

While at the survivor center i did the questing for them and got an error that the bandit camp could not spawn so the guy spawned in the room with me. I killed him and killed the worms in the next quest and i got a quest to find the traitor npc and kill him which i did taking a few gunshots in the process causing my to be in pain. I took the next quest which was another bandit one causing him to spawn in the room with me but this time he was not alone. The room now had landmines in it which i stepped on due to pain dropping my perception. I took some codine said f this and went to head back home.

While going home i found out that there was a triffid grove fairly near the refugee center where i had slept. I made my way along the edge of the ever expanding grove lighting fires completely forgetting about the shockers. Once i noticed the shockers i tried to backtrack only to have a triffid queen catch up to me and break my cart. I killed her watching the fire come closer. With a bit of space between me and the fire i grabbed my best gun and its ammo from the ground and started to run. Next thing i know a chain reaction from all of my guns and ammo that was now scattered on the ground killed me.

So ends the tale of Bartholomew J Clovis. A man who knew the apocalypse was coming and did all he could to prepare for it. A man well kitted out to survive the apocalypse who had slain multiple hulks and shocker brutes in a sad twist of fate falls to his own bullets only to be forgotten among the billions lost in the cataclysm.

Had an 8 day old Traceuse (lv.6 starting dodge ftw!) but due to a very unhelpful mapgen, was still very much a new character equipment wise. Went on a night raid and walked right into the middle of a hoard. Went three map tiles before I bumped into a building and thus a choke point; shriekers luring everything in the city and dogs + ferals making it so I couldn’t get away. Ran right through the window of one of those really small corner bathrooms, popped the last of my caffeine pills and prepared to to make my stand; brand new forked spear in hand.

About 15 dead Zs latter, the roof collapsed upon me cutting my runner’s pack but dealing no actual damage to me and covering the floor in rubble. I retreated back to the door way and once again continued my stand; slaying all those attempting to scramble across the rubble.

Later survivors or scavengers will one day find in the corner of burnt down house, the charred and tainted bodies of over 300 beings piled before the remains of a single girl clutching a broken spear in her hands and the melted lighter she used with her final breath close by.

The game Atm explodes if you manage to destroy it, I guess thats one way of keeping the money safe…

After a deadly encounter with a chicken walker (Post about that in “Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated apocalypse?”) I attempt to make due in a terrible situation. After several close encounters with zeds just trying to get some food, maybe meds to make it through the day. Until I run into a survivor zombie I couldn’t run away from.

Forced to fight it, I could only land very few hits on it before I crumpled on the floor, dead.

After getting both my legs melted off by a spitter zombie I couldn’t outrun, I managed to survive, not finding a backpack but finding enough other clothes to make ends meet. After raiding a small 2 house town I was doing pretty good, food wasn’t a problem and neither was water (found a fully stocked vending machine in the next small town) and I was looking to train tailoring by fixing (destroying) the clothes off of a heroin deal gone wrong, but decided to boil some fast noodles first. I set fire to a dandilion and began my task, but unfortunatly in the month old experimental I had been playing, fire didn’t spread if you, say, lit a bush on fire. Apparently now it does. My head caught on fire and I was instantly killed.

bummer. Always hate it when fire spreads to my tile without “warning”

btw welcome to the forum.

Ty :slight_smile:

Reached the vault area of a science lab (cyan color in the map), it was guarded by four security bots, I thought with a survivor suit and a few defensive mutations I could withstand them, armed with a TEC-9 with seven mods I engage the closest one, took a few hits but it gets wrecked, I assume the other bots get closer by the sound but they can see me even in the dark!, I get more lead as they approach, have a shot of morphine to reduce pain and retreat back but by bad luck I got into a dead end room and they in front of the door, out of ammo and near death the last bot finish the job.

Never again I underestimate a security bot.

Man, 80s Michael Jackson is right: stay away from the jheri-curl, kids.

I think since the money in those game comes in father form of cash cards I more imagine it’s to stop you from copy pasting money.