Has anyone ever...?

Has anyone ever created a lovecraftian/cthulu mod where you actually had to worry about your sanity and what not?

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
Stranger: Indeed?
Cassilda: Indeed it’s time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no ++XL survivor divemask (on).
Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No ++XL survivor divemask (on)? No ++XL survivor divemask (on)!

I think maybe some sort of sanity/fear mechanic might be cool. Like… maybe less on the Lovecraft, perhaps.

Like, stuff happens that would put a hit on a survivor’s sanity/fear/panic. Maybe less of a morale effect, and more on stat debuffs or some other negative effect. A panicking survivor will be less keen on hitting a target and just swing his/her weapon wildly, giving a drop on accuracy. For firearms, in the case of burst-fire weapons, become unable to use semi-auto firing. Stamina would also drop faster because the survivor is more or less panicking and not breathing properly. Maybe as a semi-positive effect a slight speed boost to run away.

On the flipside, it would also be nice if the reverse can happen. A survivor feeling confident/brave will be a lot more level-headed when dealing with enemies.

The idea of this mod is cool but honestly survivability in this game is already so absurdly low (what with having to manage pain, and infections, and limb health, and hunger, and thirst, and sleep) that I think adding a SAN meter would be a bit much. Not if combined with thinning out the “regular” zombies and adding more Lovecraftian monsters that were encountered more occasionally. That would actually be pretty baller.

I guess that would be possible with Lua.

Infra Arcana-style sanity would be pretty cool to see in Cataclysm.

[quote="§k, post:2, topic:13923"]Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
Stranger: Indeed?
Cassilda: Indeed it’s time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no ++XL survivor divemask (on).
Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No ++XL survivor divemask (on)? No ++XL survivor divemask (on)![/quote]

It’s one thing to reference the Mythos, but to reference Chambers? +1 to you sir.

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask. Stranger: Indeed? Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you. Stranger: I wear no ++XL survivor divemask (on). Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No ++XL survivor divemask (on)? No ++XL survivor divemask (on)!

Good one!