Haemophilia trait

Just another stupid idea.

Negative trait called haemophilia. What it does essentially is adding new risk to the game which is realistically bleeding to death.

How it works: when you are hit at a body part, a 1d10 rolls for being less or equal to [amount of damage / amount of max HP of this body part]*100. Shortly speaking if you are hit and lost 1% of your max HP, you have 10% chance of getting bleeding. If 10% of HP is lost, you are guaranteed to have bleeding.
While you are bleeding, you are slowly and painlessly losing HP of your ENTIRE BODY. Bleeding effect has a pretty long duration for most hits but the amount of damage it inflicts is calculated so it will always kill you when it reaches 0 even if you entire body was at full HP. Also you CAN’T heal your lost HP if the reason for losing it was bleeding. You can only heal your static health loss.
Anyways the only way to treat bleeding is to inject a rare shot of clotting factor. How rare should it be? It should rarely appear in pharmacies in single quantities but be relatively common in hospitals and in reasonable quantities (like 20 injections). Each injections gives you temporary immunity to bleeding.

These shots can be crafted using special means. First you need to take some blood from a human corpse (item called “human corpse”), then sanitize it (antibiotics), then use a centrifuge to separate stuff from blood, then use chemicals to get rid of useless stuff and then use centrifuge again to finally get the thing. After that you need to use saline solution and a syringe and that clotting factor and you are good to go. Of course everything should be possible in end-game period.

So yeah. Just another trait to make game even more hard. While I agree playing with STR 4 and 25% of your health is fun, it’s kinda random while this trait makes the game similarly hard, but more predictable.

sounds good, this is alslo nice oportunity to rework bleeding system, vanillia bleeding is just damage to body part what can be easily fixed

if we make separate blood amout what slowly regenerates and like health is invisible but trackable because of symptoms what you get for lossing more blood, (starting at weakness, ending on falling unconcinous at random) because random dying is not what we need

Perhaps a system for blood volume that’s seperate from other individual body parts that is drained from bleed wounds?

It would be more realistic, but I don’t know anything about coding so I don’t know how viable it would be to add that to the game, also consider it would probably make bleeding equally as deadly to any character regardless of their str stat.

“Quick Clot” powder already exists in the game, and should probably work well for this application. Rarely useful at the moment, since blood loss is not nearly as much of a problem as it should be.

Anyways, I think this is a great idea and not stupid at all.