Blood rework

instead of having bleeding damage the specific body part which is bleeding have bleeding slowly lower your total blood which would cause dizziness or fainting.

Sounds good :smiley: . I am all in for realism… especialy if it adds to difficulty :P.
So blood just replenishes itself i guess if your well fed. Hm if we do this how about we also enable our avatar to do a blood transfusion… replenish his blood reserves… from uh hospital storage… or stolen from unconcious people. Maybe also add some bloodsucking enemies.

make the giant mosquitoes deadlier than they already are?

Spawning next to a Swamp can indeed result in imediat “fun” ;D
I myself am not against adding even more fun to that scenario but i also understand the need to somewhat tame the earlygame challenge.
Maybe add some more gatherable resources to the swamp so tougher enemies within aren t totaly turning away players … hm and maybe tweak the world gen so that death doesn t spawn on people at theire starting location :3

Yeah, reworking blood seems like a really good idea.

I am not sure how “fleshed out” the stomach idea that is currently being developed is, but I guess something similar could make sense.

A total “blood count” that gets somewhat reduced every time you get hit, and a lot reduced when you are bleeding/heavily bleeding. Low blood count results in dizziness and maybe even fainting. While a too low blood count will result in death through bloodloss.
Blood count is slowly increasing up to a cap while the player is not bleeding.

This also opens space for a “anaemic” and “much blood”(?) trait, respecitvely reducing max blood count or increasing it.

The more I think about it, the more awesome it sounds.

Although mosquitoes aren’t that significant in terms of blood, I would love an “itchy” effect. This could open the door for antihistamines, and stuff to treat nausea for certain traits and foods.

Much blood trait- Your body produces more blood than necessary making blood loss just a annoyance but you also are more likely to bleed.

Blood everywhere!!!

Collect your blood in bottles and then DRINK IT.

Nah not really, but that could be a way of ‘making’ your own bottled blood for the local masochist, and then perhaps blood could be used for crafting in some way or another.

[quote=“Jakers, post:8, topic:7048”]Collect your blood in bottles and then DRINK IT.

Nah not really, but that could be a way of ‘making’ your own bottled blood for the local masochist, and then perhaps blood could be used for crafting in some way or another.[/quote]

I ll make human mutagen using my own blood and turn my cat into a half human mutant cat sister.
Family :3

Blood could be an ingredient in blood pudding, just saying.

Blood pudding made with your own blood!

A genius food strategy

Disclaimer’s note: You may die of blood loss.