Guide for compiling on cygwin

Hi all, been a long time since i’ve played the game and i want to come back, but i despise the look of the windows terminal and i want to play with cygwin which has a sexy look, however i have no clue on how to do this, so i’m asking for all the good hearted folks around here that can give me a hand with a tutorial of sorts so that i can start playing again :slight_smile:

Thanks…

Here’s the guide.

You sir are a GOD. Thanks :slight_smile:

i got the following error at the compile step

make CCACHE=1 RELEASE=1 CYGWIN=1 DYNAMIC_LINKING=1 SDL=1 TILES=1 SOUND=1 LOCALIZE=1 LANGUAGES=all LINTJSON=0 ASTYLE=0 RUNTESTS=0
ccache g++ -DRELEASE -DCATA_NO_CPP11_STRING_CONVERSIONS -DGIT_VERSION -DTILES -DBACKTRACE -DLOCALIZE -D_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH_TR1 -ffast-math -Os -Werror -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-signedness -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wold-style-cast -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpedantic -Wsuggest-override -Wunused-macros -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wimplicit-fallthrough=0 -Wredundant-decls -fsigned-char -std=gnu++14 -MMD -MP -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -DSDL_SOUND -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -c src/achievement.cpp -o obj/tiles/achievement.o
make: ccache: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:870: obj/tiles/achievement.o] Error 127

any ideas?

Install ccache.

now it says this:

make CCACHE=1 RELEASE=1 CYGWIN=1 DYNAMIC_LINKING=1 SDL=1 TILES=1 SOUND=1 LOCALIZE=1 LANGUAGES=all LINTJSON=0 ASTYLE=0 RUNTESTS=0ccache g++ -DRELEASE -DCATA_NO_CPP11_STRING_CONVERSIONS -DGIT_VERSION -DTILES -DBACKTRACE -DLOCALIZE -D_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH_TR1 -ffast-math -Os -Werror -Wall -Wextra -Wformat-signedness -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wold-style-cast -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpedantic -Wsuggest-override -Wunused-macros -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wimplicit-fallthrough=0 -Wredundant-decls -fsigned-char -std=gnu++14 -MMD -MP -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -DSDL_SOUND -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL2 -D_REENTRANT -c src/debug.cpp -o obj/tiles/debug.o
src/debug.cpp:60:17: fatal error: execinfo.h: No such file or directory
60 | # include <execinfo.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:870: obj/tiles/debug.o] Error 1

I don’t know about that one, make an issue.

Thanks, i’ll look into it.

It does not matter how terminal looks in Cygwin as non-SDL builds are not available there, so I suggest you just using MSYS - https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/1e9533926517037193edc5e7ff9e1ad87c2ce5f9/doc/COMPILING/COMPILING-MSYS.md

Thanks i’ll look it up.

Ok the thing is i run the game and it has it´s own window which i can´t customize colors with, and that´s the main reason i used cywin to begin with, is there a way to customize the background black color to another?

i want to customize colors like this https://preview.redd.it/ba5k9gs1y8w01.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b427e2628d7d2f3e6d952c959b9ef2f2a745fedc

base_colors.json in config folder.