Give a great deal of the blades in the game a screwdriver quality of 1

I’ve used a knife plenty of times to turn a screw, and it’d help ease out the front loaded difficulty in the game.

I had a similar thought – Giving larger-ish blades (machete, butcher knife, etc) the ability to pry, albeit with a considerable penalty. They would be completely incapable of lifting manhole covers, but could pry open a door or window, given enough time.

Trying to pry open a door with a machete would probably not work, machetes and the like tend not to be rigid enough to do stuff like that, you are way more likely to bend it or break it.

Dunno about knives being able to screw, most recipes involving the screwdrivers are for making electronic stuff or explosives (not really a thing early game characters should bother about) and a knife wouldn’t be useful for that considering the tight spaces and the presumably small sized screws. Really doubt it would be useful.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:9352”]Trying to pry open a door with a machete would probably not work, machetes and the like tend not to be rigid enough to do stuff like that, you are way more likely to bend it or break it.

Dunno about knives being able to screw, most recipes involving the screwdrivers are for making electronic stuff or explosives (not really a thing early game character should bother about) and a knife wouldn’t be useful for that considering the tight spaces and the presumably small sized screws. Really doubt it would be useful.[/quote]

Yeah but isn’t that why we have “screwing quality?” Couldn’t we up screwdrivers to 2 or 3, make the electronics require those screwdrivers and leave it for taking apart furniture?

That would be quite a bit of work. Just changing the numbers in jsons and so easy to test and PR, but someone would have to do it.

When I made that suggestion, I was actually thinking prying windows, but I guess you really couldn’t differentiate them in code, could you? At least not easily. Sorry I didn’t make myself clear.

I have a pocket knife that’s worked fine as a screwdriver. Conversely, I nearly damaged my current knife of choice doing that despite it otherwise being larger and more robust than the other one. >_>

I like the screwing quality 2 for screwdriver and 1 for some knives.