Funny Little Messages

So I almost set myself on fire due to…stupidity. But I got a message that said “You would set yourself on fire. But you’re already smokin’ hot.” Which actually made me chuckle due because it surprised me. I think there’s also messages like when doing actions to the environment (I forget exactly what it is) you get one like “There’s some buffoon in the way!”, and when trying to closing windows from the outside I believe it would say “You phase into the room and close the window. Wait, no you don’t” or something along those lines. I’d just like to say I appreciate the devs who put those in.

“A wide tire. \o/ This big”

You attempt to pry open your wallet, but alas. You are too miserly.
When you pry the square you are on.
Yeah. Place the bear trap at your feet. Real damn smart move.
Obviously, bear trap applied to your feet.

There are probably a few others, I like to call them Easter Eggs.

Mostly those were added by DarklingWolf.
I like them a lot too, much better than matter-of-fact but unfun error messages.
OTOH, it’s actually really hard to be funny on demand like that sometimes, and when it goes wrong it’s pretty bad.

You don’t have to be funny on demand. Just put Funsize’s \o/ wide tire in. I don’t have an arguement. The more you think about it the worse of an idea it is.

Come ooooooon!

“You literally have nothing, keep it safe.” Upon examining a none.

The wide tire thing is already in, just look at the debug menu and search up wide tire. Or find a wide tire.

I like the lockpick ones for NPC’s:
“You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose!” (Or something like that :P).

On a tire related note, small tires all come from segways.
“Must have come from one of those segways” or something along those lines.

When you mop the square you are on:
“You mop yourself up.
The universe implodes and reforms around you”

use any type of lock pick and use it on yourself.

“you pick your nose and your sinuses swing open”.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:2273”]Mostly those were added by DarklingWolf.
I like them a lot too, much better than matter-of-fact but unfun error messages.
OTOH, it’s actually really hard to be funny on demand like that sometimes, and when it goes wrong it’s pretty bad.[/quote]

Mr Dev, in my humble opinion, these types of little sayings don’t even have to be throw your head back and laugh out loud funny.

So long as there is the simplest bit of wit involved, it would entertain me and other people like me (which I presume would be a good amount of Cata:DDA players since this is a pretty specific niche in the gaming community). The way these kinds of little sayings contrast in an otherwise dark and serious setting makes them about fifty times as entertaining as they would be in another type of game.