Food materials audit

Okay, pretty sure this board is where I leave this. There are some errors in what comestible is what material, so I decided to do an audit of the comestibles json to see just how bad the damage is. As it turns out, not nearly as much as it seemed. For everyone’s general information and edification, I made a neat (not so) little table with the results. Here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyu551lulyw1lxm/CDDA%20Food%20Audit.html

I’m not too inclined to tinker with anything outside comestibles.json or even make the changes I propose in the table for fear of screwing something up. Therefore, anyone with the proper coding wizardry, please feel free to take a look and do what you can. Thanks.

I do have the magic coding fingers, but not the unlimited time to go over all of them. If people find strange results. Mention them here and we will get them fixed.

There don’t seem to be too many discrepencies. From personal experience, I’ve had trouble with oranges, lemons, their irradiated varieties, and lemonade with a Hates Veggies character. However, all three of those are properly listed as fruits, which suggests to me that the problem lies elsewhere. However, grapefruit, melon, and their irradiated varieties are listed as veggies. Brioche is listed as a veggy when I’m fairly certain it should be wheat. Peanut butter sandwiches are listed as using fruit, but it would be either veggy or wheat. And that’s it, really. At least from what I can tell from one file.

What would be really nice is if all the foods were to make use of the dual material system. As it stands, I think they all use a single material type, though they can support two.

Nice, i always wondered why some fruits were vegetables.
By the way Rivet, out of curiosity, where does your avatar come from? It looks really neat.

Thank you! It comes from me. Specifically, it’s a heavily photoshopped screencap of my Second Life avatar.

I don’t dare ask why you were playing second life.

Primarily for a game called MCM Combat Operations. It’s sort of Battletech crossed with Unreal Tournament. Also because it’s a 3D chatroom that lets you make cool art.

The pixelsex people are creepy and I stay away from them.

Lelelelelelle sigging this

Second Life gave me PTSD.

[size=6pt]And from the heavens came a flock of winged dicks, and they descended upon the players, and lo! The players recoiled at the sight of their animated hairy balls, but they fled not, and the dicks knew them [/size]

…I’ve been Audited twice in one year…

…Blarg, right then…

Looks like “brioche” may be an oversight on my part, delightful spelling issues eh?

The rest were a failure to check wikipedia for the proper material-type. I’ll fix it with the Part 3 of the foodstuffs expansion (also the final part) As well as plan to add “nut” …Might look into letting it take two materials for sake of the allergen/tolerance traits.

This belongs in a mod. [size=4pt]lol sorry, I just had to.[/size]

[quote=“railmonkey, post:1, topic:5062”]Okay, pretty sure this board is where I leave this. There are some errors in what comestible is what material, so I decided to do an audit of the comestibles json to see just how bad the damage is. As it turns out, not nearly as much as it seemed. For everyone’s general information and edification, I made a neat (not so) little table with the results. Here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyu551lulyw1lxm/CDDA%20Food%20Audit.html

I’m not too inclined to tinker with anything outside comestibles.json or even make the changes I propose in the table for fear of screwing something up. Therefore, anyone with the proper coding wizardry, please feel free to take a look and do what you can. Thanks.[/quote]

That’s a great work!