Flying

I think if z levels are ever added that if you press the button to go up stairs you lift one level in the air only if you have bird wings of course

Probably planed. But for how long could a man stay up in the air without falling or resting…?

Looking at the mutation… not at all.

You have a pair of large, feathered wings. Your body is [U]too heavy to be able to fly[/U], but you can use them to slow your decent during a fall, and will not take falling damage under any circumstances.
I wouldn't want a mutation that lets you hit a key and move up out of everything’s* reach whenever you want.

Maybe having a mutation after that one (strong wings?) that let you fly but only for a few turns at a time. More useful for run and jump roof to roof then actual flight.

*That is, everything that doesn’t fly… which is most of the enemies.

Yes. Being able to fly short distances and access rooftops to avoid foes would be sweet.

Now we need flying-type zombies. I recommend Blimp Zombies and Jumper Zombies, both of which are pretty much self explanatory: Blimps behave pretty much just like boomers, but they can float, and Jumpers are capable of leaping onto rooftops and up into the air to take swipes at you.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:4, topic:989”]Yes. Being able to fly short distances and access rooftops to avoid foes would be sweet.

Now we need flying-type zombies. I recommend Blimp Zombies and Jumper Zombies, both of which are pretty much self explanatory: Blimps behave pretty much just like boomers, but they can float, and Jumpers are capable of leaping onto rooftops and up into the air to take swipes at you.[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, it seems like the inspiration for ‘jumper’ zombies are the fast zombies from half-life 2?

Turrets, Shocker Zombies: POP POP WATCHA MOTHAFUCKAS DROP
Hope you like crashing into the ground at 30mph with broken wings

Turrets, Shocker Zombies, Spitter Zombies, Brutes throwing stuff at you(other Zombies included!), Hulks JUMPING at you, Zangief Zombies piledriving you…

Honestly it’d be kind of neat to be able to use them just to coast over hazardous terrain (acid, rubble, sewage, etc). Just make it unusable indoors.

Just a thought though;

Rather than a positive mutation (strong wings) what about a mutation (hollow bones) that reduces the health of your limbs but, like a bird’s bones, makes you light enough to fly? Normally I’d like to see it as a separate negative trait, but that would make it extremely hard to ever get them in combination, so it would also have to follow Wings as a mutation. And that’s okay Not enough positive traits come with a trade-off.

Never played Half-Life or Half-Life 2, but ya know, there’s nothing new under the sun. :stuck_out_tongue:

[font=comic sans ms]
IIRC this game was based off of a L4D, hence the similar zombies. (regular->common, spitter->spitter, shrieker->witch, fast zombies-> hunter, boomers-> boomers, grabber->jockey, brutes->chargers, hulks->tanks. That is the list of special infected. There are also zombie scientist and zombie soldiers in both games (I think).
Yeah, following that I think that either the hunters or the jockeys should also be able to jump from one building to the other when they are created.

[/font]

It’s not so much that the game is based on L4D, it seems to me that it’s more a matter of a lack of “special” zombies elsewhere, and those were the ones available. We’re more open in general to new zombie (and other monster) types with interesting mechanics than we are to specifically importing any from L4D.

FTR there’s a Light Bones and a further Hollow Bones mutation already. Both increase move speed but also increase bashing damage received IIRC. I consider it a bad trade and reach for the Purifier.

Bashing damage is nothing. Just grind a few more dodge levels. On the other hand, these mutations reduce the weight you can carry without speed penalty, which is worse than horrible.