Finding Endgame Content

So I’ve got a killer vehicle that can blast open labs and bunkers from 5 screens away

My character is mutated so badly people run away at the sight of him

My gear and cybernetic modifications make the elements irrelevant, acid harmful as tap water and standing in an open flame only moderately uncomfortable.

So what do I do now?

I know there are special locations I haven’t seen or passed by on other characters because I was under-equipped. What are they? So far I haven’t seen anything more serious or exciting than FEMA Camps and Mansions. Even if I found a Temple I’ve got no idea what to do with it once I’ve cut the bars open.

EDIT: I’m currently playing 0.C 11641 and haven’t updated my Cata in a few months, incase there were special areas that got added in later versions

Look for petrified eyes and a mysterious temple.
Clearing out triffid groves, ant hills, bandit/ military outposts (be sure to check the basement) and fungal infestations are a favorite of mine.
Clear out a mine, they have a bunch of varied, interesting stuff, rewards, and finales.

If you have the arcana mod, then try looking for strange cabins or floating temples.

Have you looked at the lab finale?

Necropolis is a good place to look for a challenge, assuming you find one.

o.o What is the lab finale?

At the end of a lab, or at the very bottom floor, there would be a teal colored L. It usually houses laser weapons, CVD machines, etc. be prepared to fight some robots however

[quote=“razor, post:1, topic:13036”]So I’ve got a killer vehicle that can blast open labs and bunkers from 5 screens away

My character is mutated so badly people run away at the sight of him

My gear and cybernetic modifications make the elements irrelevant, acid harmful as tap water and standing in an open flame only moderately uncomfortable.

So what do I do now?

I know there are special locations I haven’t seen or passed by on other characters because I was under-equipped. What are they? So far I haven’t seen anything more serious or exciting than FEMA Camps and Mansions. Even if I found a Temple I’ve got no idea what to do with it once I’ve cut the bars open.

EDIT: I’m currently playing 0.C 11641 and haven’t updated my Cata in a few months, incase there were special areas that got added in later versions[/quote]

In the vanilla game, there isn’t much more to do.

You get into Strange Temples with a petrified eye (put it on the pedestal) or by tunnelling from something else nearby, or digging your own stairs, but they’re really more of a puzzle than a dangerous challenge.

Mines occasionally have a pretty nasty critter at the bottom, but I doubt it would be a challenge to you at this point. There’s also a mine ending where you can trigger the spawning of some odd creatures, but their combat capability is low (they might stun-lock you forever though, if you’re armor makes it impossible for them to hurt you).

There is the necropolis, but that’s more of an endurance test than anything - there’s SO MUCH fighting, not so HARD fighting. If you haven’t done one, though, you should give it a try.

If you can kill tank drones, chicken walkers, jabberwocks, and shoggoths, you’re pretty much done with the combat challenge of the vanilla game.

PK’s mod adds a few more locations to explore. All DOOM-flavored. Haven’t found all of them yet, just the Hell Castle, and I haven’t tried going in yet.

If you’re playing vanilla, then you’ve likely hit the epoch there.

If you don’t want to get a mod, it’s time to start making challenges up for yourself.

If nothing can touch you in combat, then lose your weapons, try to find someone to teach you some unarmed techniques, and train yourself up. Then see if you’re capable of fist fighting tankbots and such.

Try to break some landspeed records. This is quite a bit easier in the version you have than the current one, but hey.

Connect all the buildings in a town with walls, and then try to burn the whole thing down all at once.

Dig a REALLY long tunnel, connecting a bunch of features, and big enough to drive down.

etc. etc.