Feasibility of forging superalloy weapons?

What the title says. But I suppose it comes down to whether or not the superalloy is the kind that won’t have it’s properties ruined by normal hand-forging processes.

Major issue is that it’s not Terraria and superalloy doesn’t come in bars. If you could manufacture the stuff, sure, whatever shape you want–but you can’t. As such, I’d say no, it’s not hand-forgeable. You can kinda reshape it a bit for plating but that’s about it.

Major issue is that it’s not Terraria and superalloy doesn’t come in bars. If you could manufacture the stuff, sure, whatever shape you want–but you can’t. As such, I’d say no, it’s not hand-forgeable. You can kinda reshape it a bit for plating but that’s about it.[/quote]

So reforging the stuff ruins its properties? Hmm.

How about grabbing a superalloy plate or sheet and grinding it down into the shape of a blade. Is that possible?

Grinding it down would probably create something more like an improvised “scrap sword” than an actual weapon.

It probably doesn’t have the properties to be sharpened properly with regular tools.

Maybe a cyborg with laser fingers and the proper implants for maintaining a steady aim (and enough internal power) can cut an edge onto the material?

I mean a laser would definately be better than just sanding it down.

There could be some sort of endgame machine to do this, perhaps. Although diamond weaponry has kind of already been introduced to fill in the endgame melee weapons slot, and also superalloy is stated to be extremely tough and durable - but that doesn’t mean it would work great as a melee weapon. Not saying it couldn’t work or against the idea in anyway; ‘Superalloy Zweihander’ sounds badass.

As far as I understand “Finger-Mounted Laser CBM” - it is impulse-generating laser (it blasts things), it would not be able to generate continious beam for cutting something.

Perhaps one could use an acetylene torch to cut an edge into the superalloy.

Superalloy would honestly make a poor weapon, given its forgeability.
On the other hand, making plate over-armor would be a cool idea. No need to completely shape the plates itself as you could wrap the plates in forged metal bands and attach them together like so?

AFAIK ‘superalloy’ in game refers to titanium aerospace alloys, superstrong for their weight. Good for armor (if you can shape it). But for weapons it’d actually be pretty crap, there’s nothing yet invented that can beat a good steel for strength-per-volume and cutting ability.

Light, water, heat, diamond, ceramics… It depends what you’re cutting and how. Anything harder, thus able to hold a sharper edge, tends to shatter if the impact is forceful. Same applies to the harder varieties of steel too.