Familiar zombies

I think the main horror that Cata doesn’t go in for is the protagonist’s acquaintances rising from the dead. While gameplay-wise, a first draft of the idea is pretty similar to the child zombie, it could be a full-grown adult and pack the standard zombie threat. Just how rare this thing should be is a matter of opinion. I would be pretty disturbed by having to fight a zombie of the service workers I interact with on a weekly basis, not to mention my own co-workers, personal contacts, etc.

Actually there’s a “your mother” zombie.
Would be pretty easy to add a “zombie you used to know” flag, though mechanics wise it’d just add to the description and trigger guilt over killing them.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:6427”]Actually there’s a “your mother” zombie.
Would be pretty easy to add a “zombie you used to know” flag, though mechanics wise it’d just add to the description and trigger guilt over killing them.[/quote]
but what if you hated that person… would you still get a moral penalty :stuck_out_tongue:

Kevin - that sounds great, and I look forward to my survivors being confronted by their mothers. :o Downstream, the tag might allow for lonely survivors to chain up the zombies of their friends, just so that they don’t feel quite so isolated… might sound strange, but some people just don’t like dogs!

Bob -It’s easy to say that one could kill a person they really hated without feeling guilt, but most people even feel remorse at arguments with those they despise. For everything else, there’s Psychopath. :wink:

Thought the your mother zombie was only for hallucinating people? Although “killing” it causes some massive guilt all right.