Easy way to raise some skills

I usually rely on getting books to start these off. anyway to raise these to a few levels easily and without books

electronics
first aid (without using tons of bandages and first aid kits. they require liquor to craft new ones)
mechanics
computers

[quote=“youtoo, post:1, topic:2535”]I usually rely on getting books to start these off. anyway to raise these to a few levels easily and without books

electronics[/quote]

Disassemble every spare flashlight and soldering iron you find. Sooner or later you’ll learn how to make a flashlight, at which point building and disassembling them repeatedly will begin raising your skill at a reasonable rate.

first aid (without using tons of bandages and first aid kits. they require liquor to craft new ones)

No idea - I usually raid a milsurp or sporting goods store for a Big Book of First Aid. But you could always clear a liquor store and then use the stock to make bandages.

mechanics

Very easy - make crowbars from pipes and lockpicks from scrap metal. You can hit level 1 or 2 just from the proceeds of the lockers in your evac shelter.

computers

No method I know of.

You can grind computer skill in sewage treatments after you get underground and find the console which gives your sewage samples.
You just have to spam the hack option , because the console never breaks and you can literally get your skill from 0 to 3 or 4 in less than 1 in-game minute.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:3, topic:2535”]You can grind computer skill in sewage treatments after you get underground and find the console which gives your sewage samples.
You just have to spam the hack option , because the console never breaks and you can literally get your skill from 0 to 3 or 4 in less than 1 in-game minute.[/quote]

I’ve seen you post a lot of times in the forums, but I didn’t realize until right now that your Screen Name is actually pronounced “Waffle Sip Der”. I just always assumed it said Wolf Spider. First rule of the apocalypse: Never make incorrect assumptions. Only correct ones.

[quote=“MarkB, post:2, topic:2535”][quote=“youtoo, post:1, topic:2535”]I usually rely on getting books to start these off. anyway to raise these to a few levels easily and without books

electronics[/quote]

Disassemble every spare flashlight and soldering iron you find. Sooner or later you’ll learn how to make a flashlight, at which point building and disassembling them repeatedly will begin raising your skill at a reasonable rate.[/quote]
Better yet, remove headlights from car wrecks you encounter for that extra wealth of flashlights.

[quote=“MarkB, post:2, topic:2535”]

No idea - I usually raid a milsurp or sporting goods store for a Big Book of First Aid. But you could always clear a liquor store and then use the stock to make bandages.[/quote]
Raid a lab. The amount of bandages in those dissector rooms is just… something else. You get to train first aid by stepping on a dissector which is always fun.

mechanics

Very easy - make crowbars from pipes and lockpicks from scrap metal. You can hit level 1 or 2 just from the proceeds of the lockers in your evac shelter.[/quote]
Ties in nicely with flashlight disassembly as it drops (and turns plastic bottles, glass bottles) into scrap metal. Deconstruction of display racks especially brings in the pipe-a-con.

computers

No method I know of.[/quote]

[quote=“woflsipder, post:3, topic:2535”]You can grind computer skill in sewage treatments after you get underground and find the console which gives your sewage samples.
You just have to spam the hack option , because the console never breaks and you can literally get your skill from 0 to 3 or 4 in less than 1 in-game minute.[/quote]

Just ride through the wall with your car.

Just ride through the wall with your car.[/quote]

Uh…Beep-Boop?

anyone have a good way to get tailor up without a book?

only thing i have found and its a grind.

find thread or sinew and repair torn cloths from zombies. you cant repair anything less than torn or ripped without rags.

both of these give very low increases. First is 3% each to get to level 1, and you fail alot and blow alot of thread.

you can make rags from shredded cloths you get from zombies, but this doesnt train tailoring. any good ways to use these rags to train faster?

Do you get more training by repairing certain items? anything good to craft to raise tailoring at any point?

Um, craft some clothes? There are a few low-level recipes that require nothing but rags and thread.

I got tailoring to 1 just by making bandanas and socks.

I get tailoring 3 just by practising sewing on my sneakers.