Dropping things on the wrong tile constantly?

For some reason, whenever I drop any amount of objects, such as trying to put things into a shopping cart or locker, I’ll end up dumping everything onto a random adjacent tile. This doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the target being full or inaccessible. It’ll sometimes take me 5 or 6 tries to actually put something where it’s meant to go. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? Is it a bug, a hidden feature, or possibly something going whacky with my keyboard? Thanks in advance!

I remember there being some issues before, possibly with the numpad being used. Are the items being dropped in a random direction, or near your targeted point? If it’s completely random, I think that could be different.

Usually an adjacent tile, but it happens regardless of weather I’m using the numpad or the arrow keys.

Hmm, well, I don’t know too much about it. I would go through the typical checklists. Is your keyboard operating alright? Have any mods changed keybindings? Have any mods affected items stacking on the ground or otherwise?

Oh yeah, I have this happen A LOT. Happens when I use both the numpad and arrow keys, and its annoying as fuck. I was thinking it was something wrong with my keyboard, but that seems unlikely if its happening to other people too. Haven’t changed any keybindings either, except to assign a button to the debug menu for testing stuff.

I came very close to losing a fusion blaster rifle due to this issue, but I managed to retrace my steps when I found it missing. I’m pretty sure I DID lose a plasma rifle and a few other things to this bug, from trying to stow something in a vehicle and it going on the ground instead of a stowboard or something.

Is your shift key or caps lock flaky? On tiles, shift will rotate the arrow keys to diagonals.

No, the buttons are fine, but it is possible my left hand is hitting the shift key on occasion. Is there a way to turn that off?

See https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22690

Thanks. That function is DEFINITELY getting turned off next time I play.