Development Poll: Should the point value for Hardcore trait be changed?

In a related topic, how about letting us take >12 points of disads while still limiting the total points gained from them to 12?

I really want to see how long I can last while having Every. Single. Disadvantage.

[quote=“Prezombie, post:21, topic:1179”]In a related topic, how about letting us take >12 points of disads while still limiting the total points gained from them to 12?

I really want to see how long I can last while having Every. Single. Disadvantage.[/quote]

Probably not long, the biggest chalenge will be meat intolerance & vegitarian, at least i think. What i would like to see, is every disadvantige in mutations or regular traits.

If you play like a nomad, Meat Intolerant doesn’t really matter. There are a lot of vegetarian meals in houses and grocery stores, even in a forest (apples)

I voted for otter, because otters are hardcore.

The easy solution is make it give 0 points. It giving 6 points is kind of… pointless (haha)

I, however, would prefer it be a separate mode. Why? Because then the hardcore mode can be further developed/modded. For example, when starting a new game, you could have custom/preset/random/HARDCORE character. Hardcore is the same as custom (no preset), but it also triggers a separate ruleset - this way, you could customize the hardcore ruleset.

Nevermind, I have a better idea. Have a second “Options” window with difficulty triggers. Have it so you can adjust preset difficulties (Easy/Normal/Hardcore) or use custom setting. This way, you could have a very variable and flexible ruleset that does not impact normal gameplay unless you want it to.

Imo, The trait should be renamed, the points it gives either stays the same or knocked down to 5, and the name “Hardecore” should be given to a separate difficulty that rebalances the game to be “You WILL die” tier in difficulty. (also shouldn’t be able to edit how many spending points you get in CC.)

What about leaving it as it is, but adding a hardcore+ “positive” trait, that takes 6 points but has no effect, or makes things even harder?

I wouldn’t mind having it as an option that you could select, but for the time being having it cost zero points and make enemies harder (maybe not Health wise) instead just making them spawn with their previous tags, but also different ones that you wouldn’t see them have, as well.