DEBUG: Couldn't add a revived monster. Press spacebar

Can we pleeeease have the option to turn messages like this off? The bug doesn’t even affect me except for the fact that I get spammed with the message. I’m about to start running the Disable Revivification mod because of this.

Hmmm, interesting. Why did you not report that message as a bug (which it is)? Debug messages are not supposed to appear at all, they indicate a problem.

What mods do you use, do you have any monster blacklisted?

I remember seeing this bug once when I loaded a saved game, a few experimantals ago.

In my case, I had the ‘No Joke Monsters’ mod enabled.

[quote=“BevapDin, post:2, topic:10394”]Hmmm, interesting. Why did you not report that message as a bug (which it is)? Debug messages are not supposed to appear at all, they indicate a problem.

What mods do you use, do you have any monster blacklisted?[/quote]

Mundane Zombies. Plus I see these messages so often, across so many versions for so long, that the idea of making a bug report on them seems silly. Like the thing when an NPC doesn’t use all their moves. It’s been happening for eternity and I wouldn’t even notice if the game didn’t take it as a reason to spam me.

[quote author=Thwap link=topic=11119.msg246731#msg246731 date=1440529778]

See this is one of the problems, because unless we know about it it’s impossible for any of us to fix it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ideally on encountering a bug you should do this:

1. list of issues on GithubSearch the to see if we already know about it.
  2. If not, post it there or here.
  3. If it’s listed but it’s been forever, either post a reminder in the issue or feel free to post a reminder here. We’re only human, so if something has been around for a long time it’s totally possible we’ve forgotten.

This is the bystander fallacy in action, ‘someone else should/has/will do something about it, so I don’t need to’. (I’m not saying it to criticise you, it’s a natural way to think about it)
There have been a number of bugs that have persisted in the game for a long time because no one reported them.
For example, NPCs are still triggering debug messages about not spending their turns? That’s news to me.