Crouching? Looks new

I was being sarcastic since he was. This game already has a lot of keybindings, so I was suggesting he program in a better keybinding that isn’t already in use. Since that would obviously be better and easier for everyone than hitting the (“) key a second time.

Yeah sure it doesn’t take any in-game time. It just requires players be a little more alert about their movement mode. Perhaps I should’ve emphasized the “realized” part in my other post (i.e. that the player was careless).
I’m mostly discussing this in terms of where this can lead in the future though. A separate key avoids the current issue (and is customary in most games). But later on this could be expanded to open up more dynamic movement options in the future.

Which I would guess is where it’s headed. Kevin already wants prone in the game as well. I imagine that ‘speed’ (walk/run) will get a separate button from stance (crouch/prone/standing). That’s how I’d do it anyway.

I don’t know. Sometimes I read a thread like this and it gets under my skin. It’s a new feature, so it’s a work in progress. The developers also tend to respond to feedback. It’s been two days and it’ll be worked on a lot in the coming weeks/months, for sure.

Wow, remember watching this start to be discussed and worked on in discord. Glad to see it in game.

1 Like