Crash when loading a character

I searched and found no mention of this, when loading one of my characters it immediately crashes and shell says this:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc' what(): std::bad_alloc Aborted (core dumped)

_

(Linux)

I’ll just start another character since this one wasn’t very far anyway, but asking just in case if anyone has any idea what might have caused this.

[font=georgia]Id have no idea, if it happens again I suggest re-compiling it[/font]

Just happened again >.>

I’ll recompile.

In addition to recompiling, you might want to delete your save directory and templates, as well.

If you’re still getting the error, then you may want to get a stack trace. Luckily, I know how to do that on Linux.

Run “gdb cataclysm”, (may have to install gdb first), which causes Cataclysm to be run via a debugger. Once the debugger’s loaded everything, type “run”. Continue playing as normal, but now if it crashes, it’ll give you a chance to poke at things.

If you just want to get a stack trace after a crash (which is a huge help at times), type “where”, and it should spit out some coding-jargony stuff. Tell us what it says, and we can hopefully help :).

This is a known (and fixed) bug. Updating to the latest git version should resolve this.