Crafting recipes becoming bogged down with "OR"

Title says it all, really. I’ve noticed that recipes requiring a sharp object are saying Hatchet OR Steak Knife OR Combat Knife OR Broadsword, OR yadda yadda yadda.
Not only could this spoil some of the possible-to-get weapons in the game for new players, but if more are added, it’s going to be a pain to add each and every one to each and every recipe requiring it.

Maybe add a [sharp] tag to items and just have those recipes say “Requires Sharp Object”?

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:1, topic:1440”]Title says it all, really. I’ve noticed that recipes requiring a sharp object are saying Hatchet OR Steak Knife OR Combat Knife OR Broadsword, OR yadda yadda yadda.
Not only could this spoil some of the possible-to-get weapons in the game for new players, but if more are added, it’s going to be a pain to add each and every one to each and every recipe requiring it.

Maybe add a [sharp] tag to items and just have those recipes say “Requires Sharp Object”?[/quote]
AFAIK this is exactly what they eventually plan on doing, giving each sharp item a “Cutting: 3”, blunt items “Hammering: 2” or some such, they also plan on making rot values persist through recipes which will all be pretty nice.

Yeah, what Weyrling said. We’re definitely planning to move to a simpler attribute-based system, although it probably won’t be ready by the time 0.6 comes out (we’re hoping to actually have a stable release next version, which caused the dev who was coding the crafting change voluntarily put it on the backburner).

Case closed. Thanks for telling me what’s up, guys. :slight_smile: