Controversial stand here, but is rain OP?

Maybe we have different ideas of what qualifies as a “drizzle” vs plain old “rain?” I’d have to walk around in a drizzle for an hour before my clothes are “soaked.” Any worse than that and I just say it’s raining.

Looking it up, drizzle is droplets less than 0.5mm in size and rain is droplets greater than that. I guess it doesn’t actually define the intensity/rate of precipitation. Both types can be described as light, moderate, heavy, or violent based on the amount of precipitation.

Yeah, I mean that it can be countered trivially with a towel means I tend not to worry about it.

Did Douglas Adams teach us nothing? Did he die in vain? :wink:

I, for myself, always have 2-3 towels in my bases too, and I tend to have a towel rack on my cars, preferably near the entrance.
Still, this does not solve the Issue we’re speaking of. Just because you have an easy and valid way to get rid of the debuff doesn’t mean the debuff should throw 90% of characters into a depression.
You know something can’t be right if you need metric tons of fast food or drugs to offset rain, but that’s basically what I said before too.

Would make more sense if you need to stay in the rain for several hours in order for the max debuff to happen. Or lower it to a max of -10 or -15.

1 Like

As a slight aside, I’m curious: Is ‘near-constant rain’ generally what real New England gets in the Spring? I’m in the Midwest, where the weather is rolled on a random table every day, but I’m from Yorkshire, and even as a guy who grew up with rain maybe 5 days out of 7, it seems a bit wet.

Is the weather in the game fairly accurate? Does it rain that much around there?

No https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/34139

2 Likes

I had suspicions since it rains more in CDDA than the real Pacific Northwest, which is saying a lot since the PNW is a literal rainforest.

1 Like

Certainly depends on the season, and CDDA is set in the NE, which is also notoriously soggy :slight_smile: