Constant crash occurring

Yeah, I’m guessing there’s something up with your mods. When I used your mod folder the save won’t even load on my install of the game; the Fictional Guns mod is crashing out.

When I load with just vanilla mods that ship with the game, I get some errors for missing stuff, but I can install vehicle parts 'till the cows come home with no crashes.

Strange. So how do I do it? Backup a save and then edit mods.json to remove some mods and then see what happens?

You could do that. Then see if it works again, and begin adding mods back in one or two at a time to see if it recurs.

Just tried the first time. The game doesn’t freak out at first, but after installing a bunch of batteries it still crashes.
Yeah, it crashes when I try to install a 4th battery in a row.
That’s no mods at all. Only ‘dda’ in the mods.json

I’ll try installing game into a new folder and see if it changes anything.

Done. No changes. The crash occurs after installing three batteries.

The answer to ‘why three now’ is because some stuff has disappeared from the vehicle without the mods needed. Exactly: a slingshot cannon and a tank at the rear. This seems to give more ‘room’ for parts, but I still can’t break through this ‘ceiling’.
Please try reproducing the crash by installing more parts in a row.

edit:

didn’t notice.
Well, I’m out of ideas.

Huh, I just added 30 car batteries, and nothing. Maybe it’s your specific build? I am using ascii on 64bit linux, 0.c-30158-g5d53b6112e-dirty. Come to think of it, I haven’t updated in a while. I should probably do that, maybe the bug hasn’t appeared yet? Give me a bit and I’ll update to latest.

Yeah, this started happening after build #~7967.
Well, at least everything worked OK on 7967, then I downloaded 7975 and all the hell broke loose.

MAYBE, just maybe, I was very lucky to hit the ‘limit of parts’ before updating, but whether this is the case or not, is anyone’s guess.

I’m running a 64 bit Win7, but what other numbers stand for, I’ve no idea. I mean, yes, the launcher says ‘0.C-32733-g0a83a2b (tiles),’ but what that is exactly, I don’t know.

I don’t suppose tiles are the reason? They’re just a method of representation, aren’t they?

Yep, updating does it, derp. Instant crash, repeatable. I’ll file an issue on the bug tracker for you right after I finish lunch here.

Oh, bon appetite.
Thanks for help! I wasn’t even sure if a bug tracker existed. Most of the problems I encounter at the forums either die out/get ignored (not on purpose, many people don’t describe things properly, or it gets fixed anyway in the next build, or stuff), or get solved somehow by the devs that visit the forums.
Can you share a link to the bug tracker? Would be nice to have one just in case.

Everything is linked from tools.cataclysmdda.com

There’s a ton of good stuff there, including the tracker.

That’s great, thanks a lot!
Guess it’s time for me to learn what GitHub even is…

There we go.

1 Like

That seems to be fixed now. Thanks a lot!