Clear out your city

Yeah, having a couple hours of free “easy shopping” before magical zombie spawns isn’t easy…[/quote]

Go-time is 0930 default start is 0800. Most all new buildings with spawns associated (apartments, office towers, PARKS, etc) ignore the 90-minute startup period. Further, that time includes travel from the evac shelter–a safely located wilderness shelter is going to cost you at least 10-15 minutes onsite.

You ask me, it’s a nice rush, gets the game off to a bit better start than grinding out survivalcraft everything, and (especially with the new focus system) may give the player a crash course in zed survival.

And if you’re a gun fan…fae help you! dynamic zeds are very good at punishing loud fighters.

I just don’t like the idea of magically spawning zombies. Even on static, suppressors are essential on firearms.

Me neither. It bugs me that non-Zombie creatures are spawned dynamically even in static spawn mode. I once spent an hour of real time mowing down hundreds – literally hundreds – of fungaloids in my pedal-powered riding lawnmower of death before I realized I forgot to add a muffler and the dang things were just showing up out of thin air.

Static Spawn could be improved, though. Currently, if you are on static spawn, you are almost 100% guaranteed to be safe around the evac shelter for as long as you care to stay. The only threat is if you are unfortunate enough to start in a shelter near one of the afformetioned dynamic spawn mobs.

I’d love to occasionally see even just one single Zombie out the window of the evac shelter on startup. What a way to start the day.

@darth: first time i tried .6 a flaming eye spawned next to my shelter and destroyed part of the wall. but yeah zombies dont really come to your shelter. its a good first base. the only hassle is running back and forth with supplies from town. but its safe and the basement makes it safe to stay in a lightning storm.

Me neither. It bugs me that non-Zombie creatures are spawned dynamically even in static spawn mode. I once spent an hour of real time mowing down hundreds – literally hundreds – of fungaloids in my pedal-powered riding lawnmower of death before I realized I forgot to add a muffler and the dang things were just showing up out of thin air.

Static Spawn could be improved, though. Currently, if you are on static spawn, you are almost 100% guaranteed to be safe around the evac shelter for as long as you care to stay. The only threat is if you are unfortunate enough to start in a shelter near one of the afformetioned dynamic spawn mobs.

I’d love to occasionally see even just one single Zombie out the window of the evac shelter on startup. What a way to start the day.[/quote]

The fungaloids could be shifted to static spawn. If everything was on static spawn, you’d starve.

I never needed suppressor on static spawn… Then later I literally walked into town shooting everything, and cleared half of town in hour or so, which wasn’t fun :frowning:

Only if the spawn system in place at that point didn’t account for certain groups of creatures multiplying over time. The problem I have with dynamic spawn isn’t that more things keep showing up, it’s how the game triggers them. Make a noise, magically a zombie/triffid/squirrel appears from thin air. Ideally, the spawn system in the game will become smarter than that.

I’m in favor of leaving static spawn around the starting shelter as is, it’s hard enough to start the game withoyt any idea what you’re doing already. The current issue isn’t getting people to venture into towns at some point, everyone inevitably does, but of mid and late game challenges when the player is established.

I’d like to see a huge increase in the number of zombies, but a decrease in their awareness. Towns would be full of 5x-10x as many zombies as they are now, but their attention would be reduced such that single, small noises (opening a door, breaking a window) wouldn’t attract as much attention, but unusual, repeated, or loud noises (playing a radio, gunfire, explosions, crashing a car) would attract more attention.

Also, the noise penalties could be cumulative and/or have a cooldown. One pistol shot might grab the attention of zombies on the same street, an exploding grenade would attract zombies from a much larger distance.

Just for future reference, does anybody know what =Regional Spawn Pool when playing with dynamic spawn mode?

Not certain but I get the feeling through the code that the pool is proportionate to the size of the city as well as the types of buildings nearby. As for a definite number, I think there is a little randomness that was thrown in to make it less predictable.

I craft a longbow, make varied ammunition from wood from the evac shelter, and then I make ammo on the go when clearing towns.