Cataclysm Season

Oh look, i got sigged!
Anyway
I have a think that fungus very late endgame will begin to sprout fungal structures, on all fungal bedding, slowing and eventually obstructing mobement over time (and when Z levels are implemented, scale Z levels)
This growth would start and radiate out from around the spire itself, with the immediate ring around the spire growing specially and fast as to eventually encapsulate the tower in a multi-z level structure with a large pore on the top to eject more spores. Repeat the process again on a further perimeter to eventually accumulate a massive multi-shell superstructure.
After several years of expanding, the visual appearance might be such that everywhere in a 4 mile or so radius is buried under a meter or so of fungal material (with tendrils mixed in) and a massive tower in the center with a 100 meter diameter with a 500 meter height, roughly

I just had a thought come to me. Why is it that every cataclysm character is an atheist? I kinda want religion in the game so I can play as a Paladin of the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster.

[quote=“Flashlight Hoarder, post:82, topic:8560”]I just had a thought come to me. Why is it that every cataclysm character is an atheist? I kinda want religion in the game so I can play as a Paladin of the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster.[/quote]That is very off topic,
but i feel like i can make it on topic

Flying spaghetti monster beats mycus amirite?

That said, who said our survivors were atheists? It isn’t implied at all, given you can read religious texts for morale boost.

The Spiritual trait was added recently in the experimentals. It gives you morale bonuses when reading holy texts, contemplating holy symbols, or tripping balls. Possibly also when eating people if you’re also a cannibal or psychopath.

So psycopath and spiritual go well together?

You can mix and match Spiritual, Cannibal, and Psychopath however you please.

I’ve been thinking about playing a psychopathic spiritual cannibal priest for a while.

“The light of Christ has shown me the way! I must consume their blood and flesh!”

It’s too bad you can’t play a character, abandon them to the AI and make a new character to fight your old character. I’d make a gunslinger cop hunting the cannibal priest.

Why do you keep derailing? Take it to another thread.

Another suggestion for regional threats, perhaps have portals spew out some kind of alien liquid? Basically turning the local area into a flooded region, but instead of water you have whatever the hell exists in the subprime hydrosphere. I was thinking some kind of iodine like fluid or something, not drinkable by us earthlings. This could make local area more hospitable to the nether creatures and be more populated by such, including whatever smaller more prey level fauna. Call it “Subprime Swamp”? Perhaps even have it be necessary feature before blob pits can occur.

[quote=“iceball3, post:88, topic:8560”]Why do you keep derailing? Take it to another thread.

Another suggestion for regional threats, perhaps have portals spew out some kind of alien liquid? Basically turning the local area into a flooded region, but instead of water you have whatever the hell exists in the subprime hydrosphere. I was thinking some kind of iodine like fluid or something, not drinkable by us earthlings. This could make local area more hospitable to the nether creatures and be more populated by such, including whatever smaller more prey level fauna. Call it “Subprime Swamp”? Perhaps even have it be necessary feature before blob pits can occur.[/quote]

That’s kind of cool! I haven’t seen any nether creatures I’d describe as ‘aquatic’, so that’d be an interesting venue to explore for mob creation, interaction, combat, etc. Would also make getting to the portal a lot trickier in that case, should closing/traversing it become viable options for quests. (Or for funsies.)

I can imagine the flooded area could ve anywhere between swampland to a full blown lake of sorts. The later could be kinda fun! Especially when you are hand paddling your boat when suddenly NETHER BEAST bursts up and EATS HALF YOUR BOAT
or something like that.
Sinkholes in nether swamps could have an effect where it drops you into a slime-pit which spawns below nether-infested tiles by default, perhaps?