Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.9 Ma released

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:100, topic:3997”]All my zipping around the country is over for now, I’m settling in in Seattle, so I’m going to start the release process by marking release-blockers, and the release will be whenever that list is emptied and I have time to do it.
So VERY loose ETA is Jan 18th.[/quote]

You moved to Seattle? Sweet, what part? I’m down in Federal Way, just 5 minutes north of Tacoma

That would be the best.

Also, I saw that mod manager made it in! Can’t wait for the 18th…

Is there a thread somewhere that mentions what’s being worked on? Or is it expect that we try one of the incremental builds to see what’s different? Like, I have not seen any talk about Z-levels since the Kickstarter and was curious when that might start being implemented.

Looking forward to the 18th, too, if it pans out, lol. :slight_smile:

[quote=“juliawang87, post:103, topic:3997”]Is there a thread somewhere that mentions what’s being worked on? Or is it expect that we try one of the incremental builds to see what’s different? Like, I have not seen any talk about Z-levels since the Kickstarter and was curious when that might start being implemented.

Looking forward to the 18th, too, if it pans out, lol. ^_^[/quote]

Not really a thread available unfortunately - the drawing room and Lab tend to have a few topics which are being worked on. I suspect the experimental branches are the best way to look at new stuff, although you could look at the github page ( https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA) and the commits, but they’re rather difficult to sort though.

Z-levels are… kinda in limbo right now due to the disappearance of our second developer. (It’s kinda creepy actually, having now had two developers basically disappear off the face of the earth, no email response, no phone response, I know for at least one of them even his family couldn’t get in touch with him. It’s like someone is going around kidnapping our developers O_o). That said we do still have $2000 or so left (since it was pay-as-you-go work), so we’re looking at maybe potentially setting up a bounty system for various tasks.

So Galen is gone?

Um…

Somebody is stealing them.

But what about experimental build #588 from 15.1.? Seems like galenevil did some things http://ci.narc.ro/view/Cataclysm-DDA/job/Cataclysm-Matrix/Graphics=Tiles,Platform=Windows/588/changes

You know who…

Slash/ really galen is gone?

I know I haven’t seen him in awhile but I thought behind the scenes was being overworked…

I’d really suggest a code bounty as a way to get things moving, there’s probably loads of people about who would be willing to do it with a little incentive. Even if the pay wasn’t great (/didn’t really translate into a good hourly rate) I imagine there are enough people who could be interested in making a bit of extra cash to do something they enjoy anyway.

Unless I’m mistaken the developers are using this method, not sure if anyone has stepped up and take the job yet.

Yes we’re looking at putting the remainder of the money into a code bounty system targeting some deliverables around the remaining kickstarter features. The problem is to do that we have to do the planning and task breakdown for the goals, which is often one of the hardest parts of developing a feature >_<

Then we’ll take donations on an ad-hoc basis for further work (users can post “bounties” on whatever bugs or feature requests they like).

Heh. Bounties. I like that idea.

Sorry to bother but… any ETA on 0.A release?

YES, I getting released when its DONE.

Nor but really current experimental are pretty much 0.A now, only a small amount of bug fixing is missing

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:115, topic:3997”]YES, I getting released when its DONE.

Nor but really current experimental are pretty much 0.A now, only a small amount of bug fixing is missing[/quote]
Can someone please explain why it’s called 0.A and not a number like 1.0 or 0.10?

0.10 is bad because versioning needs to be well-ordered lexographically, in which case 0.10 is an earlier version than 0.9.
1.0 implies a level of “finished-ness” that we haven’t achieved. We aren’t going to call it 1.0 until we have at least all the kickstarter features implemented.

Sounds reasonable.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:117, topic:3997”]0.10 is bad because versioning needs to be well-ordered lexographically, in which case 0.10 is an earlier version than 0.9.
1.0 implies a level of “finished-ness” that we haven’t achieved. We aren’t going to call it 1.0 until we have at least all the kickstarter features implemented.[/quote]
Oh, thanks for explaining that to me. So until we get all the features on the kickstarter I am guessing now the versions are going into alphabetical order?

By the way, what about 0.A name?
Nothing has been discussed in that front and I am curious about that.