Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.7 Lindqvist released

Thanks, that helped a lot. He ended up playing Spelunky, but is now playing Cataclysm now.
Edit: And ASCII forever, haha.

Yeah, we need to get an ‘official’ tileset to distribute with the package since my programmer art one is rather lacking :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not to fussed though. I prefer ASCII graphics over other graphics. I don’t know why.
Also, with the Tile Set, not only is there a lot of ?'s but also, you can’t tell zombies apart.

Yeah, my temp-zombie tile is a catch-all for every zombie type right now haha. If I get around to making more tiles again I’ll be adding much more variety. Right now I do my programmer tiles at a rate of about 6-8 per hour. I am really slow and suck at pixel-arting :smiley:

The new version looks great, so many improvements!! I will risk life, limb and career and start it cata up again soon!
My one thought on tiles (and I know this is only a ‘basic’ one and I’m sure there will be many more to come) is that it needs more contrast to differentiate objects/monsters/floor. Possibly putting a black border around them (especially the main char) would help for this basic tileset as I found when looking at the video that it became a bit mushy at times.

Also, with the huge amount of objects and items being added all the time, what are the plans for keeping the tileset upto date? I guess just having generic item tiles would be fine for most of the time (a generic shotgun tile, a generic ammo tile) but there are some that don’t really ‘fit’ as easily I suppose.

Just to reiterate - amazing work everyone!

???

We don’t have a version 4.0.0. You sure you got the right forum?