Can't reinforce "RM42 fighting knife" (Has work-around, but still a bug)

v0.B - 365efe2
Curses
Win7

I debugged myself a welder (with batteries), a RM42 fighting knife (wielding), and 200 plastic chunks. I can’t use the welder to reinforce the knife, it just says i don’t have enough plastic chunks to do so.

I found out that i couldn’t reinforce it with materials i was holding. Tried to do the same with a diamond katana, as soon as i dropped my 200+ scrap metal to an adjacent tile, I could reinforce it

Caching makes the crafting/repair code take a turn to update your inventory. You can debug yourself an arbitrary amount of spare material, but it will still be 0 until you give it six seconds.

OKAY. You have GOT to stop doing this. It is driving me insane. If you don’t have anything to add, please don’t make another post.

OKAY. You have GOT to stop doing this. It is driving me insane. If you don't have anything to add, please don't make another post.

Should it be possible to reinforce the RM42? It’s ceramic, not steel so you definitely couldn’t reinforce it properly with a soldering iron and it would require materials and tools not currently in the game.

You use a welder and plastic chunks to reinforce it.

I have indeed found this to be the issue.

OKAY. You have GOT to stop doing this. It is driving me insane. If you don’t have anything to add, please don’t make another post.[/quote]
I agree, I’m adding this to the list of banned behaviors, and I’m going to start issuing warnings about it.

OKAY. You have GOT to stop doing this. It is driving me insane. If you don’t have anything to add, please don’t make another post.[/quote]
I agree, I’m adding this to the list of banned behaviors, and I’m going to start issuing warnings about it.[/quote]

;_;