Can we make enegry weapon blast not to cause flame field but other effect?

We have FTK-93 fusion gun, fusion blaster rifle, Boeing XM-P plasma rifle, NX-17 charge rifle, but thing is, those weapon will cause target area ignite flames, do we really have to make flame field only but not other elements? can’t we make a power surge, so the target area will leave some electric cloud or something? or the fusion blaster rifle cause target area relase some airborne incendiary? and even make NX-17 cause a huge shock wave to blow away monsters, player and npcs? can we just make those weapon not only flame? we can’t even control the flame with the fire extinguisher right now, unless some one has improved the extinguisher which it can release some extinguishing gas or something?

This really belongs in the suggestions forum, not the garage forum.

As for an answer, sure, we could do it (and almost certainly will, eventually). As for when it’ll happen though, it’s one of those things that probably isn’t viewed as a very high priority, so who knows.

Leave a trail of lava-like plasma possibly…

Now I know that this isn’t what you mean, but lava and plasma are very different things. Plasma tends to have a low specifc heat, meaning that it doesn’t hold all that much energy for its mass. Whereas lava tends to be sluggish, liquid, and have a high specific heat that takes a very long time to cool.

Also plasma is… more gaseous. Though it isn’t a gas per say.

Now I know that this isn’t what you mean, but lava and plasma are very different things. Plasma tends to have a low specifc heat, meaning that it doesn’t hold all that much energy for its mass. Whereas lava tends to be sluggish, liquid, and have a high specific heat that takes a very long time to cool.

Also plasma is… more gaseous. Though it isn’t a gas per say.[/quote]
Okay, maybe a little too campy with my framing that it borders science fantasy than science fiction, I know that stars are made of plasma which inspired that idea.

Okay, maybe a little too campy with my framing that it borders science fantasy than science fiction, I know that stars are made of plasma which inspired that idea.
No, they are not. They are made of lightweight materials (hydrogen, helium, lithium and so on upto iron). "Made of plasma" sounds as stupid as "made of liquid" or "made of solid" does.

Interestingly enough it makes sense if fusion gun makes EMPs or electrocutes everything in the area since highly charged plasma is conductive (plasma is, well, ionized gas which is like gaseous salty water for electricity), usually is not charged evenly upon creation (some part is less ionized, some more) which allows current to be created and thus create electromagnetic pulse and slight electric discharge. On the other side you’d need A SHITTON of energy to perform something like that let alone create that much plasma in the first place.