Cable Charger System+folding cart+storage battery=

UNLIMITED POWA!!

MMR has like 660000 power storage, but only about 11000 power. Every time I sleep I hook myself up to the Solar Roller to charge. Cable Charger is the best CBM to be introduced for several updates.

If you use a heavy duty cable, you have a 20 square radius and it’s as efficient as jumper cables when used vehicle to CBM, it’s only less efficient vehicle to vehicle. Attach it to a 1 tile foldable cart and you can break even on charge with Close Quarters Battle, or any other 1 PU/turn CBM, and move it between z levels. The biggest benefit IMO is near permanent Internal Climate Control for ice labs or hot mine tiles. Using this I need WAYY less Power Storage CBMs to support my adventuring addiction early-mid game.
Hmmm… I wonder if you can charge off of multiple vehicles at once. If so, imma load up a cart with 1 tile batteries on wheels and see how stupid I can make this lol. Here’s hoping for 17+ so I can use Hydraulic Muscles indefinitely :smiley:

Only sad that I can’t take it downstairs with me without folding it up first. Especially for cargo carts.

Bad news, I just tested and it doesn’t stack with multiple vehicles. You charge 3 PU every 4 turns regardless of how many vehicles you are strapped to. I think it’s a missed opportunity for awesome moments, where you could spend like half an hour setting up battery arrays where you know you’ll have a hard fight. I’m imagining it like a scene from an anime where the MC is being chased for most of the episode, bout to get wrecked, only to get to his destination, plug himself in and rapidly destroy everything that gets too close

Too bad i haven’t found one yet, it seems very rare.

The power conversion rate is awfull and its a waste of resources unless you have a decent ammount of solar panels in your frame(s) also there are better things than that like the internal furnace, but i think this cbm is good for those that have 500-ish
power capacity and above, because power generation its very limited by movement, climate, food, and burning things, not to mention the super rare plutonium cells which tend to be a waste of resources unless you have a ridiculous power capacity or a power armor.

[quote=“Sneaky Potato, post:6, topic:14237”]The power conversion rate is awfull and its a waste of resources unless you have a decent ammount of solar panels in your frame(s) also there are better things than that like the internal furnace, but i think this cbm is good for those that have 500-ish
power capacity and above, because power generation its very limited by movement, climate, food, and burning things, not to mention the super rare plutonium cells which tend to be a waste of resources unless you have a ridiculous power capacity or a power armor.[/quote]
I think you’re thinking of the microreactor CBM. Cable charger CBM is the one where you wire yourself to a vehicle with jumper or heavy duty cables and draw charge from it. If I’m wrong and you are referring to the cable charger CBM, then:
1: The main benefit isn’t the efficiency of power conversion, it’s quick sustainable charge. You don’t need to stop what you’re doing to use it, and you can charge yourself when asleep.
2: If you use a heavy duty cable, then you have a 20 tile radius around the vehicle to play with. That’s plenty of space for just about anything you need combat-wise, and if you’re not in combat you can afford to re-position your folding battery cart.
3: I think they might’ve buffed it since I made my last observation (or I messed up and it’s always been this way), now it charges one power per turn. That’s fast enough to make many things that you couldn’t sustain otherwise very viable.