Butchering should be it's own skill

I agree. I thought there was at least one profession that was a child, but I just checked the list and the closest I could find was ‘student’, which is high school. So either the child one got removed at some point or I am just remembering wrong.

Good point.

Yeah, I would call it an exploit. How does hacking the limbs off a zombie with a wood axe teach me which berries are edible? I think simply dismembering a corpse shouldn’t give any skill increase. Other types should, with field dressing the least amount and full the most.

Not useless, just very expensive to level up (in time and effort). But I agree it should be a sub skill under survival.

2 Likes

Not sure if my idea a long time ago about foraging ever was decided to make it into the game, but you just reminded me of it. Keeping just about every plant as generic until you inspect it or until a high enough skill would allow the actor to spot and know what they were looking at from a distance. Otherwise a no or low skill would just depict a generic image of a plant that looked like it could be many plant type.

Like “That is a red flowered plant”<–no/low skill
To a skilled response
“That is a Rose”.

If picked(without skill) the generic plant would still be unknown and anything done like eating it would bare the same consequence as eating what it really would be. Good or bad. Skill could go up…assuming the actor wasn’t killed lol

Which leads me to thinking more poisonous plants should be added. Oh wait. Now I that would be a lot of work…which answers why it isn’t in game. >_>

2 Likes