Beret/helmet

You CAN wear a beret and them wear another helmet,

you CAN’T wear a helmet and then wear a beret.

It’s supposed to be like that. You can put on head gear as long as your head encumbrance is 0. So when you wear the beret (which has an encumbrance of 0), your head encumbrance is still 0, and thus you can wear another piece of head gear. However, when you wear something that encumbers you (like an army helmet), your encumbrance goes up and you can’t wear any more head gear.

Plus, wearing a beret over a helmet would just look silly.

Thx for the reply, it’s more clear. but stil sound strange to put 1 beret under your whatever helmet you want, like great helmet. Shouldn’t only be allowed to wear on top of a 0-encumbrance-helmet another 0-encumbrance-helmet ? it protect atm a lot without drawback if you use this.

Jamming a helmet on over a beret isn’t so hard, but stretching a beret to fit over a helmet is another story entirely.

I would provide an image of how that looks, but I can find neither my helmet nor beret.

Well, I don’t have my army helmet from back in the day anymore, but I do have my motorcycle helmets and my army beret… but there’s no way I’m farking up my army beret for the sake of illustration :wink:

It’s already hard as fuck getting berets perfect/presentable lol.

I’ve got a hard hat and a milsurp beret. I’m not messing up the beret either, as it goes great with hooded gear.

(Surely berets should be Wool though? At least my USian one is lined wool.)

Just found that you can also put a top hat under you whatever helmet. Huhu. Some ppl already know that i’m sure.
but i would like to see how you would explain that this time ? ^^

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:9, topic:2336”]Just found that you can also put a top hat under you whatever helmet. Huhu. Some ppl already know that i’m sure.
but i would like to see how you would explain that this time ? ^^[/quote]

Top hats are magical, helmets don’t necessarily occupy the same quantum mechanics space/time envelope timecube mumbojumbo apocalyptic whatchamacallit with them. And it’s a Tuesday. Radiation and stuff. Did I mention top hats are a natural source of magic, bunnies, and magic bunnies?

[sub]Oversight most likely.[/sub]

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:9, topic:2336”]Just found that you can also put a top hat under you whatever helmet. Huhu. Some ppl already know that i’m sure.
but i would like to see how you would explain that this time ? ^^[/quote]
Top hats:

I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess everything can be explained.

Well its weird that you can’t wear a balaclava under another helmet.

Well crap, the other stuff was just a little weird, but this is potentially a survival problem.

Hey, buddy. Wear this top hat.

What do you mean it will look stupid with your motorbike helmet? Take the helmet off, put the top hat on and then put the helmet on again.

Well crap, the other stuff was just a little weird, but this is potentially a survival problem.[/quote]

I’m not sure if the balaclava needs the encumbrance in order to provide mouth protection–I haven worn one but I’m not sure how it would provide noticeable eye protection.