Anyone have any luck with electric vehicles?

foot crank is great but for bunkers on wheels they do not have enought power

i am building a electric car right now.
I have 6 storage batteries which are at 100% now with 5 solar pannels… and i haven t attached the wheels yet…

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:18, topic:7749”]Currently cars don’t exactly need to be in the reality bubble to be processed, but they still need to be loaded somehow.

I tested it when fixing cars smoking outside their z-level: standing a z-level below and ~5 tiles from the car doesn’t stop it from processing. So if you can sleep nearly directly under your solar car (for example, you wrecked a house that has a basement or even better - found one that has both a garage and basement), I think it should charge while you sleep despite being “far” from you.[/quote]
Currently = experimentals, right?
Because that occasion with the Solar Car relates to times when I played 0.A stable.
And what about being on the same z-level but somewhere far away?

[quote=“BigLie, post:23, topic:7749”]Currently = experimentals, right?
Because that occasion with the Solar Car relates to times when I played 0.A stable.
And what about being on the same z-level but somewhere far away?[/quote]

Yes, experimentals. The code explicitly mentions cars that aren’t in bounds (it doesn’t produce smoke and noise in this case). Since it produced smoke and noise while I was underground (before I fixed the bug), it meant it was processed.

I was wrong about it charging solars, though. Code that charges solars uses your z-level, not car’s, meaning that when you’re underground the entire world is completely dark.

Not sure about same z-level. From what I see in the code it should, but from my own experience it doesn’t. Maybe it is somehow related to saving and loading the game.

Thanks for the tip.