Animal Testing Facility/Genetics Laboratory/Genetics Research Facility

I was in a thread and the idea came to me about Animal Testing Facilities, they could be an area that contains a lot of (mostly) normal animals, some uncaged. This could include some extra animals you wouldn’t really see elsewhere like chimps. Maybe some chimps won’t be as stupid as the other subjects… other chimps might have silky smooth kiwi scented hair, all will have delicious brains.
It can include a simple computer to hack to release all the animals as well (could also be a quest objective), and maybe each facility can contain different animals, one research station could be full of crows and chickens, another full of pigs, another full of chimps etc.

Genetics Laboratories could be somewhat similar but underground, and requiring a science id card. Dark and smelly, the place is much more sinister than the previous building. Dissectors, syringes, medical computers, shark tanks and perhaps some mutation flasks… Mostly empty, you might find some more fucked up animals still roaming the halls. Bloody tusks, razor-sharp beaks and smelly poo will be against you, as a few of the atrocities that mankind influenced want to share the pain.

Genetic Research Facilities might be a tighter ship, some fucked up animals perhaps straggling outside the place, wounded. You’re going to need a military id card, this is not a place of science, despite the name. Automated turrets keep the halls red, the smarter subjects stuck inside a pen, an automated food dispenser keeps them fed daily. The subjects differ from the other facilities, some of the atrocities kept here range from zombies, to mutated men and women who, willingly or not, have embraced a beastly side to them. Maybe a small hole in the armored glass window might allow for some communication, if they can even manage that. This place can contain a serum storage accessed by a computer, as well as the defenses.

Maybe there can be an animal lover trait, where you get a penalty to morale if you kill an animal, except if the animal attacks you first.

What do you guys think?

I kinda like the idea of labs being ‘themed’ to a particular field of study. Genetics in one, military sciences in another, teleportation/ super science in another, ect.

Having three kinds of animal testing facilities, one for testing cosmetics and one testing mutagen serum seems a little much, though.

It’d be cool to see a Planet of the Apes-type mod, where the rarely spawning genetics lab could have super-intelligent apes.

[quote=“Burnt Earth, post:2, topic:8839”]I kinda like the idea of labs being ‘themed’ to a particular field of study. Genetics in one, military sciences in another, teleportation/ super science in another, ect.

Having three kinds of animal testing facilities, one for testing cosmetics and one testing mutagen serum seems a little much, though.[/quote]
Well, the first one was kinda made to be some area that requires no card whatsoever