alt-F4 abuse and underbarrel attachments

I found two things:

First one’s not a big deal, just something that’s not very accurate, underbarrel attachments for the Mosin Nagant. There’s no way to attach them at all! Just throwing that out there. Mosins don’t have rails, anywhere actually.

Second, if a character dies, it is possible to press alt-F4 and quit. This will put the character at the last save point AND leave the corpse of the dead character, allowing for item farming.

That’s it! Thanks!

Well, some people like to play that way, like i used to in my first months. I guess it’s more of a way to learn how to play. Like playing in easy mode. It’s called save-scumming. To be honest now that i don’t i almost never get too far, but oh it’s so much more hard and interesting!

No idea of the attachment thing though!

We make no effort to stop people from messing with saves, quitting w/o saving, etc. If anything, I’m a little chuffed at StopSignal there because xe called it “easy-mode”. Mock not the folks who keep their saves, thanks.

The attachment problem can be handled easily. Thanks for reporting.

Oh, sorry. I was not meaning it in that way! I was saying that is a good way to go learning stuff. I would not know the game at all if i haven’t messed with saves. Though before it did not leave your corpse.
I apologize.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:4, topic:8657”]Oh, sorry. I was not meaning it in that way! I was saying that is a good way to go learning stuff. I would not know the game at all if i haven’t messed with saves. Though before it did not leave your corpse.
I apologize.[/quote]

Back when I played regularly, I routinely quit out if things were looking bad. DDA permitting that is a valuable thing for folks who aren’t into Hardcore Roguelike Permadeath Uber1337 sorts of gaming, and I’m fond of keeping us as accessible as possible. (IME losing all my progress isn’t fun, and I play for fun.)

np.

Yea, there are no end of ways to bail out of the game without giving it a chance to save your game, so we decided to just not worry about preventing it at all.

Sure! No problem, really. I just wasn’t sure if it was intended. Thanks for giving me the heads-up!

Also, if you’re interested in expanding stuff for the Mosin-Nagant, they do make stocks that you can drop in the receiver and barrel assembly, and the new stock will have rails, as well as the option for a magazine. So if people still want to have under barrel attachments, that might be the way to go.

Sure! No problem, really. I just wasn’t sure if it was intended. Thanks for giving me the heads-up!

Also, if you’re interested in expanding stuff for the Mosin-Nagant, they do make stocks that you can drop in the receiver and barrel assembly, and the new stock will have rails, as well as the option for a magazine. So if people still want to have under barrel attachments, that might be the way to go.[/quote]

OK, so an Eastern Bloc “MN-EBR” much like the M14-EBR?

Also, if you’re interested in expanding stuff for the Mosin-Nagant, they do make stocks that you can drop in the receiver and barrel assembly, and the new stock will have rails, as well as the option for a magazine. So if people still want to have under barrel attachments, that might be the way to go.[/quote]

OK, so an Eastern Bloc “MN-EBR” much like the M14-EBR?[/quote]
Yup! While Mosins still wont accept silencers (No threads, and you need a special die) you can just drop it in.

Here’s what it looks like: http://gunmart.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png

It’s a sexy, sexy gun either way. I really like what you guys have done, thanks a lot!

Um, not entirely on topic, but “chuffed” means extremely pleased. So you’re saying you’re approving of his statement.

Um, not entirely on topic, but “chuffed” means extremely pleased. So you’re saying you’re approving of his statement.[/quote]

Last I’d heard, it was “annoyed”. Seems to have worked here, though. Good to know.