Air Vehicles :D

Just had like a sudden brain wave and like imagine with the implementation on Z level buildings wouldn’t it be possible to then code in helicopters or even planes, i mean you could find the parts at airports etc but imagine creating your own custom gyro copter and sailing over zombies heads, it would make traversing the map much easier but could be balanced with a huge fuel consumption and maybe make so much noise to draw hordes?

Just a suggestion :3

Awesome idea and definitely planned, but yeah, waiting on z-levels (which still has several hundred dollars waiting for those who complete it).

What about a Hot Air balloon?

Would a building elevator count as an electric vehicle?

Cause that’s probably the first vertical vehicle we will get.

Currently (or at least last time I looked into this) vehicles save no Z-level information. I’m looking at getting some sort of elevator type thing working as part of computers, but there’s an issue when you enter an elevator with a shopping cart or whatever that it won’t travel with you. Ideally, fixing this should allow for vehicle elevators as well (and maybe vehicle ramps?).

Question: The reason Air Vehicles and Multi-Level buildings haven’t been implemented is because it hasn’t been/isn’t able to be coded, correct? As in, you can’t make any Z-Levels above the ground?

If so:

And i have absolutely no clue how difficult it would be to actually do this [size=5pt]Extremely[/size]; if it’s actually possible [size=5pt]Probably Not[/size]; or if this suggestion is even needed [size=5pt]Nope[/size]

Why dont you just make another Z-Level below the lowest, and then move all the others downwards one level?

[quote=“RADIALTHRONE1, post:6, topic:8759”]Question: The reason Air Vehicles and Multi-Level buildings haven’t been implemented is because it hasn’t been/isn’t able to be coded, correct? As in, you can’t make any Z-Levels above the ground?

If so:

And i have absolutely no clue how difficult it would be to actually do this [size=5pt]Extremely[/size]; if it’s actually possible [size=5pt]Probably Not[/size]; or if this suggestion is even needed [size=5pt]Nope[/size]

Why dont you just make another Z-Level below the lowest, and then move all the others downwards one level?[/quote]

Chiefly because it’s a lack of interactivity, not a lack of numbers. If you try out the “experimental z-level mod” motel or office tower, you’ll notice the problem: z-levels don’t interact with each other.

This isn’t so bad underground, but flying around in the air pretty much demands that you be able to see the ground beneath you and interact with it: snipe a zed, use wings to glide from one building to the next, watch Fluffy!Jakers spider-climb up the wall and into the building from the roof, scout the forest from the air and spot a building covered in solar panels, demolish one floor of the enemy HQ tower and have the entire building collapse, and so on.

All of those are fun and easy to say. Implementing any of them is apparently so tough that nobody’s claimed the hundreds of dollars available in bounties for each piece of the puzzle.

[quote=“KA101, post:7, topic:8759”][spoiler=Snip][quote=“RADIALTHRONE1, post:6, topic:8759”]Question: The reason Air Vehicles and Multi-Level buildings haven’t been implemented is because it hasn’t been/isn’t able to be coded, correct? As in, you can’t make any Z-Levels above the ground?

If so:

Why dont you just make another Z-Level below the lowest, and then move all the others downwards one level?[/quote]

Chiefly because it’s a lack of interactivity, not a lack of numbers. If you try out the “experimental z-level mod” motel or office tower, you’ll notice the problem: z-levels don’t interact with each other.

This isn’t so bad underground, but flying around in the air pretty much demands that you be able to see the ground beneath you and interact with it: snipe a zed, use wings to glide from one building to the next, watch Fluffy!Jakers spider-climb up the wall and into the building from the roof, scout the forest from the air and spot a building covered in solar panels, demolish one floor of the enemy HQ tower and have the entire building collapse, and so on.

All of those are fun and easy to say. Implementing any of them is apparently so tough that nobody’s claimed the hundreds of dollars available in bounties for each piece of the puzzle.[/spoiler][/quote]

Ah, I see. I’ll be sure to say if i think of something then.