Advice for vehicle interior

Got a lot of these, but I have a few questions.

I have seen shovel mentioned as a needed tool a few times, but other then digging holes to trap zombies, never a reason to have one. Why would you suggest that it is needed? This goes for mining “kit” as well.

Why would I want to mine? If its a spoiler, please be gentle :see_no_evil:

I haven’t found any Parasite or RAD meds, should I be worried about exploring much without them?

The rest I either have already or understand your reasoning and can move them inside vehicle soon, but thanks for the reply!

Mining kit for breaking into gun stores, Military Bunkers, Laboratories, etc. The shovel is great if you ever deal with a ceiling collapse and all the loot is buried underneath the rubble.

Thanks for the quick reply, will keep in mind.

Oh yeah, suppose I should have remembered to write down a crowbar and stethoscope.

stethoscope for safe cracking I bet? gotcha

1 Like

a refrigerator is crucial i’d say. food neither freezes nor spoils and is kept at a perfect temperature. a UPS and solar panels are great too.
I haven’t had the chance to explore vechile parts in too much depth since I haven’t been able to survive more than a month, but a kitchen sink is pretty nice too.

Also I like to improve all of the tools I save for use, so that way they stand out from any other tools and makes it easier to find em in the piles.

I do have a freezer installed, and the RV Kitchen unit also has a faucet for drinking/cooking. I do have solar panels and a Recharging station/trunk as well. I am not sure if there is some advantage to using UPS over regular batteries though. So far I have just been using bat. compartment mods for tools, which works well.

While I understand the fun of a luxury death mobile. You really can get by with something similar the size of a standard car. You can make the walls the welding rig and a forge. Keep a kitchen inside. Keep the other tiles inside as trunk space and make the non-functional walls as storage quarter panel…sorry…forgot the name(my bad memopry again).

Armor it up. Put solar panels on the roof. Use an electric (or 2) engines. You pretty much covered all you need.

Normally I dump my food in the kitchen and a wall storage ajacent. Keep all my tools in the welder tile(make life easier to park near a vehicle and do repairs). Keep seeds in a nother wall tile and then all weapons and ammo next to the driver seat. All materails in the 2 rear trunk space and good to go.You don’t even normally have to scoot around the vehicle when crafting because it is so tight.

This is very true, you can do a lot with a little if you don’t plan on enemies really getting near it. I am afraid that will happen though, even if I don’t plan on using the RV as a weapon, so I am trying to cover all bases.

Auto turrets not working for ya?

Be it a few lasters or bullet based guns. I think you can attach auto fire weapons while you sleep…unless that too was changed.

TOWELS.

If your character is anything like mine, she’s inconsolable if caught in the rain for more than 2-3 seconds. Towels have been the difference between life and somewhat-less-pleasant life in my playthroughs. Towels save morale, save lives.

1 Like

I never leave home without my towel.

1 Like

Good bye and thanks for all the fish :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a hitchhikers guide to the Cataclysm book? There should be if there isn’t.

1 Like

the advantage of UPS is that frees up inventory space which would otherwise be occupied by backup batteries, or worse fuel, as well as the fact that UPS is a renewable resource, whereas batteries aren’t (save for the odd battery you find in a monster drop)

On that same note, I like to mix my tools with battery compartment mods and UPS mods. Anything that drains slow should use UPS, and anything that drains fast can use a car battery to run off of.

I found one good chain gun off a APC, but no ammo for it. Tried to get a few road block turrets but the EMP grenade makes them unusable it seems (not to mention ammo). It looks like I can add any weapon to the “Turret Chassis” if I wanted to, but seemed like a waste with just a hand gun shooting .45’s.

I found a lot of rechargeable light batteries in cellphones and such, was planning on lugging those around. I have no small storage battery to make a UPS at any rate, maybe in the future I will try switching and see what happens.

A UPS station can easily be found on a Humvee if nothing else. Also, a smartphone is helpful for it’s light app until you gain access to UPS mods.