Addition of Fat

Space Station 13 is 2d spess man simulator 2014.

yeah i’ve heard of it, but i heard it was extremely buggy, worse even than CDDA’s buggiest experimental, so i never bothered with it.

Yeah, but the level of awesome and lulz that happen every round is worth it.

I really haven’t encountered any bugs/crashes. Only lag, but that may be because of all the advanced air calculation.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:14, topic:4895”]Ah. At first I thought this would be another kooky idea about say, obesity levels of the average survivor…
But this is pretty awesome. +1 Blue, great idea.
I’d support anything that allows you to make both soap and explosives out of a zombie hulk-- and the addition of fat/tallow candles would be nice as well-- it’s a rare thing that I find a beehive so it’s something I’ve been unable to craft as of yet. Maybe a 2/3/4x fat refining method to get one unit of glycerol?

Just add fat to items received after butchering. How much would depend on the animal though-- Bears, zombears, Deers, brutes and hulks should have a lot.[/quote]

Actually I would assume brutes and hulks would have very little, mostly muscle mass and not overly fat. This might give a reason to reduce the Fat Z spawns and actually give them a use?

and why hasn’t this been implemented yet? I need mah candles!

if this gets added, i’d also like to make alcohol from rotten fruits/veggies and to refine it. You do know that alcohol can be used as fuel, right? And beside, who wouldn’t want his own moonshine still ?

Stills are already in the game. Not many recipes for it though.

I think this is a great idea, as long as you update all the cooking recipes to add fat where it is needed (pies, any kind of frying, sausage recipes, etc etc). We could also probably add butter, for getting fat early game when your survival skill sucks.

I’m working on implementing fat into the game. I’ll have a PR up at some point this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

Yuuuuussssss

Rivet, you’re a hero. Also probably a space marine.

I love you, Rivet (not in the literal sense, as I’m a girl)

PR

Rivet, you’re a hero. <3