A Ninja's guide to the apocalypse

There’s a helpful hint in the UI itself: if the corpse is in yellow in 'e’xamine, it will rise sometime, if it’s in gray like the rest of items, it will not. “Burnt” corpses that are not also “pulped” tend to be yellow, but possible additional delay (especially if you use a flaming weapon and thus can ignite without extra time consumption) make it worthwhile to burn corpses if you can’t butcher or smash them outright.
Also, any damage to the corpse makes resultant risen zombie start with less health.

It might be worth including archery is awesome but demands a little bit of early game patience, and knives are awesome for melee. Throwing is also supposed to be great but I haven’t built a char for it yet.

How to Mutate

First what you do is learn all the recipes. Then you brew up 20 gallons of mutagen while collecting 3L jars from labs. Produce a jar of targeted mutagen for each basic mutation category. You might also want to make some alpha or elf-a mutagen, but that’s up to you.

Now stockpile some food and drink so you have something to eat while you mutate. Start taking a few doses of serum, which you should probably find while looking through labs for chemicals and jars. If you receive a negative mutation, take a mutagen that give the opposite mutation. Fast metabolism? Take bird for light eater. Talons? Take feline for retractable claws. Sleepy? Take elf-a for tireless. Decaying? Take slime for fast healer. While you drink your chain of mutagens, you should also pick up a lot of positive mutations. Have fun with your new mutant!

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:23, topic:7414”]How to Mutate

First what you do is learn all the recipes. Then you brew up 20 gallons of mutagen while collecting 3L jars from labs. Produce a jar of targeted mutagen for each basic mutation category. You might also want to make some alpha or elf-a mutagen, but that’s up to you.

Now stockpile some food and drink so you have something to eat while you mutate. Start taking a few doses of serum, which you should probably find while looking through labs for chemicals and jars. If you receive a negative mutation, take a mutagen that give the opposite mutation. Fast metabolism? Take bird for light eater. Talons? Take feline for retractable claws. Sleepy? Take elf-a for tireless. Decaying? Take slime for fast healer. While you drink your chain of mutagens, you should also pick up a lot of positive mutations. Have fun with your new mutant![/quote]

I would be careful of mutagen addiction though. I’m assuming that’s still a thing, but after getting it a couple times I kinda laid off the binge mutating.

[quote=“Nubsawce, post:24, topic:7414”][quote=“TheFlame52, post:23, topic:7414”]How to Mutate

Now stockpile some food and drink so you have something to eat while you mutate. Start taking a few doses of serum, which you should probably find while looking through labs for chemicals and jars. If you receive a negative mutation, take a mutagen that give the opposite mutation. Fast metabolism? Take bird for light eater. Talons? Take feline for retractable claws. Sleepy? Take elf-a for tireless. Decaying? Take slime for fast healer. While you drink your chain of mutagens, you should also pick up a lot of positive mutations. Have fun with your new mutant![/quote]

I would be careful of mutagen addiction though. I’m assuming that’s still a thing, but after getting it a couple times I kinda laid off the binge mutating.[/quote]

What Flame isn’t telling you is that some of those (Tireless!) are post-threshold, so trying to get them w/o having the thresh Won’t Work. (Now, if they can pull you out of conflicting mutations, that’d be interesting.)

My point stands. Even if you can’t get tireless, less sleep will work just as well. And yes, I usually have to work off a mutagen addiction after these.

This is my guide, dammit!

One of my threads is linked in the guide :,)

Oh my god. Now I can be the god that is Ninja. I just lost my new favorite character (Keenan Peoples ^ ^) and NOW I CAN BRING HIM BACK TENFOLD.

Damn you, now I need to finish this.

You forgot the part where you gang up on single opponents when you outnumber them

I-I have one of these too, if anybody’s interested, it’s still in the early phases but I’m working on getting it into good shape with other people’s help!

Just making sure you’ve started using the Debug key.
You could play this way, write what you’ve experienced, and then sum up in the top 5 thread posts.

[quote=“IcedPee, post:32, topic:7414”]I-I have one of these too, if anybody’s interested, it’s still in the early phases but I’m working on getting it into good shape with other people’s help!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10lx79fcpgDHjqXit7VZ7kWNadxgPh_gkoa_MNgKsG8w/edit[/quote]

Gotta say, pretty awesome guide. Very entertaining, chapter 0 he says!